Chapter 36: They all asked for you

Rebekah was wandering around a street bazaar full of witches selling various wares as she talked to her brothers and Larisa via a three-way phone call

"Enough already with the family squabbling. Come on, Nik. Even you can see how the situation has become awkward."

Klaus and Larisa were in the courtyard of the abattoir compound, standing on the balcony, watching the wolves spar in the courtyard below.

Larisa had her phone on speaker.

"There's nothing awkward about it," Klaus told them "Hayley, Hope, Risa and Miracle belong in the compound where they're safe, along with Jackson, who is a prominent member of this family now. As much as l'd like Elijah's help to kill Finn, if his claustrophobia are getting in the way of him living with his family, then he's welcome to continue sulking across the river."

"As I have explained repeatedly, my presence here in Algiers is purely to assemble allies. Given all the enemies we have in he form of wayward siblings and ancient maniacal Aunt Dahlia, I would think you'd applaud my efforts."

"If it's my applause you seek, you shouldn't have dashed off in a huff," Klaus told him.

"All right, can you two try and stay focused on what's best for Hope and Miracle's safety?" Larisa asked them in annoyance.

"I'd like nothing more," Elijah told them.

"I'm doing exactly that," Klaus told them.

Larisa sighed, rolling his eyes.

"See? We're on the same team. Conflicted resolved, crisis averted. Risa, make sure they aren't the death of each other, Will you?" Rebekah asked him.

"That's quite a chore itself, Bex." She told her sarcastically "But I will do my best." She hung up, turning to Klaus "Which is more than you can say yourself."

Klaus smirked in amusement.

Klaus, Hayley, Larisa and Jackson were in the living room arguing

Larisa was standing by the window, watching the city, blankly.