Chapter 41: City beneath the sea

At Rousseau's, Cami was cleaning up inside the restaurant when Elijah and Larisa came in to see her

When she saw them, she sighed in annoyance.

"I left you a dozen messages!" Cami pointed out.

Elijah sighed "Family crisis."

Cami was worried "Have you spoken to Klaus?"

"Mm, briefly... before I put him to sleep with a dagger. Words were exchanged."

"To tell you truth it was funny to watch." Larisa told them with a smirk.

Cami was appalled.

"No! Elijah. Risa, Klaus didn't kill Aiden."

Elijah looked confused.

"He just took the blame because of some insane dictator-edict about making people fear him." Cami explained them.

Larisa rolled her eyes and groaned "Oh that fucking idiot!" She snarled in anger.

Elijah looked horrified by this revelation, but after a moment, he settled down.

Elijah hesitated for a moment "Nevertheless, had I left Niklaus standing, the very army protecting Hope and Miracle would have revolted."

"But you can't just leave him like that while his daughter's in danger!" Cami raised her voice at them.

"My daughter it's also in danger and it's my decision what happen with her." Larisa told her.

"Please. Your feelings are clouding your judgment." Elijah pointed out.

"My... feelings?" She asked him confused.

"For Niklaus. We are not fools, Cami. Although I've valued our time together at the safe house, make no mistake... I was in your head as much as you were in mine."

Cami becomes very worried,

"How long are you gonna leave him like that? Five years? Ten? A lifetime?"

"Well if I have to choose..." Larisa trailed off.

"Til Hope and Miracle are safe. Now, we need your help." Elijah told her.

Cami looked at him in surprise and fear.