Chapter 88: Til the Day I Die

Hope and Miracle were in the cemetery, visiting the grave of Bill, the man they'd accidentally killed

Hope put a yellow rose into the vase, while Miracle held up the yellow rose in her hand and muttered a spell, turning the rose bright red, before putting it in with the yellow one.

Just then Klaus and Kol walked over their daughters.

"You both didn't have to come." Hope spoke, sensing their presence.

"We wanted to make sure you two are all right." Klaus murmured.

"I don't know why we leave flowers." Miracle pointed out, crossing her arms "Doesn't do them any good. It's not much of an apology for killing someone."

"Unintentionally." Kol added "You both rid the city of those vermin. You've nothing to apologize for."

"Don't make it sound so noble." Hope sighed.

She and Miracle finally turned to face Klaus and Kol.

Both brothers looked down at their daughter's arms and saw that the veins had returned, but with Miracle's they weren't as black like Hope's, which conserned Klaus a lot.

"Well, at least he gets his revenge next week when the full moon comes." Hope added, looking at Bill's photo.

Miracle looked at her cousin sadly and reached for her hand, holding it tightly.

Klaus walked closer to the girls.

"Hope, however much you dread your first transformation, once you go through it, you're gonna feel better." He told her.

"I don't know if I dread it. Or if I wish I could just turn and never turn back." Hope said "Mom said that after the pain, it's one of the best feelings in the world. I just can't believe we have to do this without her."

Klaus looked away for a moment, holding back his emotions.

"I know no one can replace your mom, but I do want to help."

"I know..." Hope nodded.

"But we need to be alone." Miracle added as she and Hope both turned back to Bill's grave.

But as soon as they turned away, Klaus and Kol saw the veins on the back of their necks, and they grew concerned.

"As you wish..."

They then walked away, leaving the cemetery.