Chapter 30: The map of moments

It was the next mornig at the Mikaelson safe house

Larisa was on the couch in the living room with her daughter in her arms, Rebekah was hanging a festive wreath on the front door, looking toward the living room that was a joined room with the foyer.

And Elijah was leaning against the fireplace, thinking.

"Well, isn't this place rather nice?" Rebekah asked cheerfully, picking up a bottle of wine, examining it "Nik must have compelled a wine-lover to keep it up, because I found a 2005 bordot. Fancy a sip?"

She looked at her brother, then at her sister-in-law.

"No thanks, besides I'm holding my baby right now, so I don't think it's best for me to drink." Larisa told her with a small smile, as she played with her baby.

"I appreciate the sentiment, Rebekah, but I do recognize when I'm being held with kid gloves," Elijah told her in annoyance.

Rebekah sighed, putting the wine down "How are you feeling?"

Larisa looked from her baby, to Elijah.

"Patronized," Elijah answered.

The three looked down at Hope.

She was lying in her play pen, cooing.

"I am here to protect you." He then looked at Larisa and Miracle "And you two."

She gave him a soft smile, while Miracle gooed cutely.

"I know you meant to, Elijah," Rebekah told him.

"And yet, you find it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here?" Elijah asked her somehow angrily.

"Well, you weren't yourself," Larisa told him "And we needed to get us out of that diner. What happened back there?"

Elijah was obviously tense and confused.

"I don't know. Niklaus sent me to protect Larisa and the babies. My job is to keep them safe."

Elijah took a seat near Larisa, not knowing what was happening to him, but knowing it was because of what Esther had done to him.