Chapter 5

Today flew by so quick I was so happy it was Friday.! I was off work today and tomorrow as well so I just needed some time to pamper myself and relax. Tomorrow morning definitely was a spa day for me. And I was getting my nails and feet done.

Can I get a ride.?! Lani asked meeting me at my locker.

Yeah I actually drove today.!

Really.? Where's Tavion.?

I don't know he didn't come get me this morning or he wasn't answering his phone and I haven't seen him at all today.

Wow that's weird hope everything's okay.

Ima going to stop by his house on the way home.

Okay.! Want me to ride with you.?

Yeah, you can.!

I pulled out the schools parking lot and headed down the street listening to some music. MarMar didn't live far from the school so I was at his house in no time. All three of his cars was here. I got out the car and put the code in the gate. He had a huge house and a gate surrounded his whole property. I loved his house it was like a mini mansion. We got out the car and I unlocked the door going in the house.

MarMar.?! MarMar.! I called out to him. I wasn't getting no answer. The living room was a little messy. And he keeps a clean house so I know he had to be here. I went upstairs calling his name still and his room door was wide open. He was layed in the bed passed out. "Martavion.!" I called his name softly trying to wake him up. "MarMar.!" I smiled kissing his cheek than his forehead.

Mmmm fuck.! He yawned opening his eyes a bit more. "What time is it.?"

2:50.....

You missed school you okay.?

Yeah I'm Ight just had a long night. He said picking up the red cup on the dresser and drinking it.

Is that liquor.?! I questioned standing up.

It was just a shot calm down.!

No I will not calm down you promised you would never put liquor in your body again YOU PROMISED.! I yelled with tears in my eyes as memories filled my head. You see Martavion is a bad alcoholic and when I say bad I mean extremely terrible. He's had alcohol poisoning three times, had to have his stomach pumped four times, and failed liver problems. He use to drink so much he would black out and didn't know he blacked out. It was so many problems but the biggest one of them all was we was leaving a party two summers ago. Martavion was so drunk and I was drunk too but he took that chance of driving and I trusted him because he always did it and we got home safely. That night Martavion ran his stop sign and another car ran his too and we crashed. Our car tumbled into a ditch. Glass shattered his leg and he broke it in 5 different places. I was knocked unconscious and it took over 5 hours to get me out the car. He sworn he would never touch a bottle again.

I fuckin needed it.! He yelled back at me standing up. "You don't know what the fuck I been going through.!"

I'm your bestfriend you should tell me everything I am here for you.!

Well some shit you just can't be here for.!  He said picking up the bottle off his dresser and pouring more into a cup.

Martavion you drink that I promise I will never talk to you again.! I said with tears in my eyes.

Do what you gotta do.?! He said before throwing the whole cup back. I was so flabbergasted I started crying. I ran out the room and downstairs and out the door. I broke down crying bad in the car and Lani comforted me rubbing my back and saying "everything was gonna be okay.!" But deep down inside I knew it wasn't. Once Martavion started drinking he couldn't stop he didn't know how to stop. His body was so numb to it he could drink for breakfast lunch and dinner and still seem okay. He could consume a very dangerous amount of alcohol and it scared the hell out of me.

I dropped lani off and made my way home. I sat in front of the driveway in my car trying not to cry. I grabbed my phone and called the only person I could think of.

Hello.?! A friendly voice answered. "Hello.?!" She asked again.

Hi Ragain it's me Magic.! I said trying not to cry.
You see Ragain was Martavions sponsor. They met at the AA meetings Martavion PO made him go to. She had a similar situation loved to over drink she got in a car accident and kilt her bestfriend. She's been sober for over 5 years now. She said drinking was the worst decision of her life and she regrets it every single day. They stopped seeing each other because she wanted a relationship and Martavion wanted sex. He was always addicted to sex but once he stopped drinking it was like his next beat thing was to have sex. She said sometimes he would be forceful or to rough when they was doing it. She said he was channeling all his anger into his strokes and after a while it wasn't fun to have sex with him no more. Plus she didn't think his heart was truly into being in a relationship with her so she broke up with him.

Hi Magic is everything okay.?!

No Martavions drinking again.

Where is he.?

Home maybe still.!

I'm gonna help him calm down okay.

Thank you.! I hung up the phone than went into the house.

Hi baby.! My mom said smiling as I came into the house.

Hey.! I said not really paying her any attention. I went up to my room and closed my door. I layed in bed and I was feeling like I was going through a break up. My feelings was so hurt and that night keeps replaying in my head. I was so scared, I thought I was going to be dead forever. They said it was so hard bringing me back to life once I got to the hospital. I know god had other plans for me because I'm still here.

__________________
LATTER ON...

I woke up and it was around 8pm. I grabbed my phone to see a couple text from Lani and Bianca. Nothing from Martavion or Ragain. I got out of bed and opened my door. I heard laughter and talking coming from downstairs. My mom was here with her boyfriend watching tv and drinking wine.

Hi.! I said as I walked past the living room.

Hey Mag.! My son has been asking about you again. Mr Corey said smiling. My mom thought it would be cute to hook us up on like a date or something but wouldn't that make us brother and sister if they was to get married If they was so in love.?!

I still have a boyfriend.! I laughed grabbing my keys out the holder. "I'll be back.! Going to get food.!" I explained before opening the door. I walked to my car and got in. My song What If I Told You I Love You by Ali Gatie started playing. I started singing along to it and my mind started wondering to Martavion. The song reminded me of him a lot. Maybe because at some point in our lives I actually feel in love with him. I wanted to be more than just a bestfriend. Everyone always saying that made me mad because it was like it was so obvious and I didn't want it to be obvious. Martavion didn't show interest in me like that so I didn't know if he ever felt this same way about me. He was always so busy and entertained by other females I know he didn't think of me in the way I thought of him. We already built such a strong and beautiful relationship as Bestfriends my heart fluttered for a real relationship with him.

*MESSAGE*
-Ragain

"I went over there and we talked for hours. He's going through some stuff and said he didn't mean to go off like that on you early. He ended up falling asleep he'll probably contact you soon.

*MESSAGE*
-Me

"Thank you for helping. This means a lot to me.!"

*MESSAGE*
-Ragain

"It's no problem at all that's what I'm here for. Plus he's my boyfriend.!"

*MESSAGE*
-Me

"BOYFRIEND.?!"

*MESSAGE*
-Ragain

"Yeah we kinda just got back together....not kinda we did.!"

I closed out my messages and sat in the parking lot of red lobster. I feel like my heart just broke again. They're back together.?! And if he could talk to her and not me maybe he really didn't feel the same way about me.