Chapter 26

A couple weeks went by and time was flying. Thanksgiving was almost here and we was on break from school. My dad was flying in and so was my brothers today. I met up with them for lunch and of course my dad got to grilling me. He still doesn't know what happened or why I don't live at moms any more.

So Martavion.?!

What about him dad?. I asked not ready to hear his bullshit.

Do you see yourself with him for a long time.?

Yes actually I do....he isn't just my boyfriend, he was my bestfriend too.!

Does he plan to get out the streets? They don't love nobody.! And you have a bright future ahead of you. Are y'all on the same page.

We are applying to colleges together. His brothers and uncles, and dad is behind him 24/7 making sure he has nothing but time for school. He may be in the streets dad but he's very smart and intelligent.! We have had talks about what's to come after high school.

Just don't get pregnant no time soon.! My brother Hackiem said.

Why are y'all acting so weird.?! I laughed taking a bite of my salad.

Because I'm just tryna get an idea of what your thinking before....

Here's your water sir.! A waitress said interrupting my dad.

Before what?.! I asked confused.

Nothing eat up.! Just know that I have a whole new level of respect for him and I apologize for the things I've said to you, to him, and about him in the past.

This part of the conversation ended and I couldn't be more happy. I hated getting grilled about Martavion. My dad didn't really like him at first but he grew on him a little. His whole demeanor changed and he's the one who brought him up in the conversation.

I have to go now!. I said hugging my dad and brother. "I'll see y'all tomorrow at dinner.!" I said hugging them both. I grabbed my keys and left the dinner. That food was good as hell. I got in my car and texted Lani I'm on my way.

I walked into the bridal shop and two ladies offered me champagne and some strawberries and took me to where Lani and Mariah was. "Hi babies.!" I squealed hugging them both. I was shocked at both of them was going to the same wedding yet alone going to be in one together. They wanted my opinions on some dresses.

Well what do you prefer.? Mariah asked me.

Well if it was my wedding Y'all already know my colors would be white and gold.! I would have y'all wear these pretty white gowns with the small train. Everything trimmed in gold a white scarf to go around your necks like this. Than The lace on the dress would be in trimming of gold.!

That's pretty.! Lani said covering her mouth. She gave it to the lady and they both tried the dresses on.

Y'all looks good!. I said clapping excited for them both.

Oh yeah ima have to keep this in case I have a shot gun wedding.! Mariah laughed making everybody else laugh. I looked around while they got unchanged. I came across this extremely beautiful dress. It was the Cinderella dress. I was obsessed with big dresses. The top part was a corset with half sleeves covered in diamonds. The sleeves was made of lace but to match your skin tone like a nude color and covered in diamonds as well following the design pattern. The bottom poof out like a big Cinderella dress.

You should try this on.! A sales lady said smiling standing next to me as I admired the dress.

Yesss you should.! Mariah said excitedly admiring the dress with me exited.

I don't know.! I laughed.

It looks like it could be a perfect fit. Lani said smiling hard.

Okay what the hack.! I laughed. The lady grabbed the dress and showed me to the dressing room. I made sure my hands was extra clean before touching it. I undressed and put the dress on. It looked so beautiful on me. I stepped out and their mouths dropped.

This is beautiful as fuck! Lani said smiling.

No for real.! The other sales lady said.

Wow.! PutItOnHimMakeHimWannaMarryMe.! Mariah sang and started dancing like she was Rasheeda which took me out.

Yeah this is absolutely beautiful l.! The other lady said.

Oh thanks y'all.! I laughed, because they was gassing me. I stepped down from the run way and went back to the changing room to get out of it. It felt wonderful to put that dress on.