Chapter 3

So you wasn't gonna tell me your here.? Lani asked as I answered my ringing phone.

Tell you for what my mom was in the hospital.! We haven't spoken in almost a year. I even though if your number was changed the way you never responded back to text messages or calls.

Oh wow really Magic.?

Yeah really Kahlani. I text and called you all the time no reply's I'm not gonna kiss your ass for you to keep talking to me. Amber turned into your bestfriend and you forgot about a bitch. We to old to be beefing about who stopped talking to who. Ain't no beef and ain't no bad blood.

Your my sister and it's always gone be like that.!

*Incoming call.! Ahkhi.!*

I have to go.

Wait.! Where are you staying.?

The four seasons.! I said before hanging up. "Hello.!" I said answering before it hung up.

Yeah what you doing.?

Nothing I was on the phone with an old friend!

Who that nigga.?

No.! It was Kahlani please don't start that shit.

What you mean don't start that shit.? Magic you in yo old little home with the nigga you was in love with you expect me not to think y'all might not rekindle things.?

What does it fuckin matter Ahkhi.? We are not in a committed relationship.! What you feeling guilty about the bitch you was fucking on the other night.?

It's not even like that.!

Yeah and I'm boo boo the fool.! Look I gotta go.!

Magic.? I hung up the phone before he could say anything else. The audacity for him to say anything like that, when he stepped out first and I know he did.!

I rolled my eyes and put my phone on the charger pressing decline on his call. I got up to get in the shower and put fresh clothes on. Soon as I got out I was gonna search for earlier flights to get home.

Since my mom wanted to be stupid and go back to even stupider Corey I wasn't gonna stay and convince her to leave. She's a grown ass woman and if she couldn't see the wrong in this situation she better hope her death is fast and painless.

I got out the shower and it was a hard knock on the door. I hope it was my room service. I put on my robe and answered the door. Lani stood in my face with a sad face holding two freezes in her hand. We always said if one gives us a freeze we can never be mad at each other no more. I laughed moving to the side letting her in. We came up with that rule when we was like 7.

I'm sorry.! She wines with open arms.

I forgive you.! I laughed. She handed me my freeze and we hugged each other.  There was a soft knock on the door and I opened it only to be greeted by Amber.

I'm sorry... she said lightly.

You too can't go any where without each other can you.? I asked letting her come in.

I mean well we kinda.... Lani said holding her hand up.

Wow it only took you 21 years to come out.! I said laughing.

What.?!

Girl I been knew you was gay since freshman year. I was just waiting for you to tell me.! I said with laughter in my voice.

This is such a relief.! She said hugging her breath letting it out.

Congratulations you too.! I smiled hugging them both at once.

Your not mad are you.?

No Kahlani.! I'm just mad at the fact that you led me on to thinking y'all was bestfriend when y'all really was bumping coochies.! I giggled.

It just kinda happened honestly.! Lani said looking into Ambers eyes.

Okay elaborate more.! I squealed.

I was upset about something and she came over with ice creams and cakes and we ate and watched a movie. I spelt some ice cream on me and she licked it off playing around. And than our eyes met and we kissed.....she confessed her love for me and I just took a big chance let her in and we been together since than.!

Awwwwwwe.! I'm so happy for y'all.! "I'm sorry for the way I went off on you earlier Amber.!"

It's fine (she laughed) I would be pretty jealous if my bestfriend was in a secret relationship too. She laughed.

This is amazing when's the wedding.?

Well I'm glad you mentioned it I would love for you to be my maid of honor.! And it's in three weeks.?! Lani said with gritted teeth.

Three weeks.?!!!! I asked confused and shocked I had to say it again "Threeeeee weeksssss" in Soulja Boy voice.!

Yes three weeks I know this is so short notice but I really didn't know how to tell you and since your here nowwwwww.! I we can get you fitted for your dress and shoes pleaseeeee.!

It would mean everything to us if you was apart of our weeding honestly Magic.! Amber said. They both started doing the puppy dog face folding their hands begging.

You think I wouldn't.?! Of course I will.! I screamed in excitement.! I'm putting my vacation time in soon as I get back home.!

Yessss.! Lani screamed happily throwing her hands in the air.

You know what this cause for.! Amber smiled digging in her purse. She pulled out a bottle of belaire and some champagne glasses smiling hard.

Oh so y'all just knew i was gone say yes huh.?!

Well we was really hoping you would.! Lani smiled hugging me again.