Chapter 14

Ma.? I called out to her as I was coming in the house from work.

In the kitchen.! She yelled back. I kicked my shoes off and unzipped my jacket picking my stuff up. "Hey baby how was work.!" She asked as I walked in. She was cooking dinner.

It was fine.! Can we talk.? I asked pulling a chair out to sit at the island.

Of course what's up.? And I'm cooking spaghetti, Corey loves it.!

Yeah about him....

What's wrong.? You don't like him.?

No...no...I love seeing you happy. Why didn't you just tell me he was moving in.?

Shit I was gonna tell you.! Member all the times i kept telling you we need to talk.? It was about that. I'm sorry it slipped my mind when you spent those couple of days at the girls house.

You could of called or texted me.

I rather had talked about it in person. He asked me to marry him Mag.

Oh wow mom congratulations.! I smiled and she ran over to hug me.

I won't marry him if you don't want me to.

I think you should he seem like a nice guy and makes you happy. My birthday is in a couple weeks I'll be 18 and moving out and on to college.

I know your growing up so fast.! Did you here anything back about your college essays.?

No not yet. I'm still holding out applying to some schools.

What are you waiting on Martavion.?

Kinda.! We was gonna go to the same college.

Believe it or not Mag, Martavion is gonna hold your back.! He's a street guy and that means once he's out of high school as can continue to the streets he will full time and your gonna be pushed right out the way.

I don't believe that, your always judging him.!

I'm not I'm just saying the truth. I don't wanna see you get hurt once he dies out here in these streets.

Why would you say that.?! I questioned getting pissed off.

Hey ladies.! Corey said coming into the kitchen smiling sitting his briefcase down by me. I kissed my teeth and huffed my breath and got up and he went around to kiss my mother. I wanted to throw the fuck up. I stormed off to my room. I went to my bathroom and got my nice hot bath ready.

I went to my closet to completely undress and back into my bathroom. I grabbed my phone and sat in the hot bath water to relax. My mind started to wonder so I called my boyfriend and got no answer. I FaceTimed the group chat and once again Bianca answered with an attitude.

What's wrong with you.? I asked Bianca really wanting to know the problem. She's been acting funny towards the both of us.

Nothing I'm annoyed right now.! She said before hanging up.

I'm on my way to your house.! Lani said mad. "We need to talk and this is some Shit that needs to be talked about in person.!" She added really mad.

Lani.? What's this about.?

I'm on my way Magic.! She said getting into the car. She hung up the phone and I got to washing my ass before getting out. I rinsed off than got my towel wrapping it around my body. I went into my closet and got dress, there was a hard knock on my door.

It's open. I yelled.! My door opened and it was Lani.
"Your scaring me Lani talk to me.!" I said coming out the closet.

You need to sit down.

What.? I asked sitting on my bed next to her and she stood up. She started pacing back and fourth and she grew madder.

She's playing us.! She spoke angrily.

Who bae.?!

Bianca nasty ass.!

What.? What's going on.?!

I wanted to tell you this earlier but you left so quick because you had to work.

Spit it out Kahlani.!

Magic what I'm about to say is about to change everything. Baby you know I would never lie to you we been girls we been sisters since elementary school.!

I know Lani just say it your about to make me have an anxiety attack.

I went to the bathroom during 8th period and I turned the corner and seen Martavion and Bianca together. She was crying we all know he don't like her so I was wondering why the fuck are they even together. So I stood behind the corner listening to there conversation.....matter fact here.! She reached in her pocket grabbing her phone giving it to me. I pressed play on the video and I could see Martavion clear as day and Bianca. Bianca was in full blown tears and MarMar looked very annoyed.

-"Tavion you acting like I made this baby myself.! Now your just oh so in love with Magic.?!" She cried

"I been in love with her and you knew that just like everybody else. We fucked a few times last time the condom broke.! But you ain't start this baby shit until after I took her to homecoming now all of a sudden you pregnant and it's mine.! Yeah you was only fuckin me but come on dude a whole baby.?!" "You wasn't worried about no baby when the condom broke now was you.?!" "What about Magic.?" "What the fuck about her.? She wasn't fuckin me you was and you ain't give a damn about her now.! That bitch ain't my friend that's Lani's friend and she ain't my friend either. My main concern is my baby. You play victim when it's time to tell her I'm not.!" I cut the video off because I had tears swelling in my eyes. I couldn't believe what I had just watched.