Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers!, This is gonna be my first ever time travel story and official story for this site. So I really hope you go easy on me because I'm just a newbie here.

Thank you and Enjoy!

Plot Summary: During the fight with Kawaki in a destroyed Konoha, Boruto unknowingly gets himself sent back in time along with his little sister and Uchiha Teammate.

(Interview)

"It has often been said that every beginning has an end. But what if that end was the only way that you could go back to the beginning?

-Boruto

Prologue

A Barren wasteland is what you could call the once progressive place known as Konoha. Buildings and homes were now ravaged into pieces, and there was barely any signs of any life.

Not even the seven Hokage faces were spared from destruction. All of them were completely damaged and on the 7th's destroyed face, two human figures could be seen fighting.

The battle had just begun and it was clear that there was no turning back. A young blonde man knelt down on the rocky surface, holding the handle of his blade that was stuck deep in the ground. His face was covered with dust, a few small cuts, and a right eye which is badly scarred.

There was a sense of calmness in him as he kept quiet. He opened his left eye, it's color a cerulean blue, and stared at the opponent in front of him.

"I didn't know that you go this far, Kawaki." 16-year-old Boruto Uzumaki calmly said. Even with all the horrible deaths and destruction that he witnessed, he still managed to control his rage.

His counterpart, who was revealed to be none other than Kawaki himself, just stood there holding his staff, looking down at the latter with pride and arrogance.

"It's hopeless now; I will send you to where I sent the Seventh, Boruto." Kawaki cruelly stated. "There will be a new world under His reign and everything existing in this current world must be erased to make way. The Age of Shinobi is over."

The wind blew stronger than it had before, its breeze rustling through the rubble surrounding them the only sound as they both fell into a tense silence.

Boruto kept his gaze steady and jaw hard set as he reached for his pocket. He drew out an old Konoha headband, the only difference on it was the harsh slash that ran through the middle of its Leaf symbol.

The blonde then slowly raised the headband and wrapped it around his head. At the same time, looked up with determined eyes, ready to finish this once and for all. He opened his right eye, finally revealing the Jogan.

The blue had drained from the iris into white with a darkened sclera and visible pupil. Then, small dark tattoos began to appear around his right eye down to his arms and hands.

Kawaki, however, didn't even react; he wasn't intimidated. He was ready to shed yet another persons blood to reach his ultimate goal and calmly waited for their fight to begin.