Small Reunions Part 2

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there, Readers! I'm back with a new chapter! Hope you guys enjoy!

Beta: Fiddlestickz

(Interview)

"You know, Mom would always say to me that Uncle Neji played a big part in the events that changed her and Dad's life. I heard a lot of stories about him, but I never really believed Mom, since I was a pretty skeptical kid back then. I preferred to see the truth by seeing him in person, but the problem was he was already gone. So, I guess I never really knew him, and expected I never would, but here he is, in the flesh."

-Boruto

Everyone had fallen completely silent, as the Uzumaki and the Hyuuga stared at one another. The whole group glanced at one to the other, feeling uncomfortable in the tense atmosphere.

"Uncle Neji?" Boruto muttered the question to himself loud enough for the brunette to hear him.

"'Uncle'?" Neji asked, raising a questioning brow. Why was he calling him Uncle? He didn't even look old enough to be the his uncle, surely.

A second later, Boruto realized that he had spoken his thoughts aloud, and his uncle had heard him. His mind was falling into panic. How was he going to explain this to him? He didn't want to look like a crazy person, but right now with anxiousness creeping up his throat, he couldn't say anything, but he had to do something.

Neji, put off by his comment, stared at the blonde in offensive. He wondered if this boy was telling the truth about... anything he claimed. Was he really the brother of that unconscious girl? Could he be? He hardly even resembled the girl. He was blonde, first of all, and he wore a white shirt with a black jacket, and black jogging pants. However, on his cheeks, there were two strange patches, which he did share with the young girl. A small part of him wanted to trust the blonde. One of the things that had caught his attention earlier, were his cerulean eyes. It reminded him of an important person and friend.

Just as Boruto was about to say something, he was interrupted by a female voice. The two boys turned to the source of the sound.

The blonde's eyes widened in shock. "Aunt Hanabi," he whispered under his breath, more carefully this time, so no one heard him. He would have to be wary about saying names aloud.

Hanabi shot the blonde a confused look, as she arrived at the unsual scene in front of her. Before she had left, Neji was the only person in the waiting room, but now, there were four new people. Probably led by the blonde, who she figured, was the leader of the pack. He looked like a leader.

Even though she had just arrived, she could feel the awkward tension between all of them, including her cousin, and she disliked the feeling greatly. She had to do something to allieviate the awkwardness before it drove her crazy.

"Excuse me, but what the hell is going on here?" Hanabi asked authoritatively. She needed to be calm right now, rather than completely fly off the handles like she wanted to do.

Meanwhile, the guys simply stared at her. They didn't speak a word nor move a muscle. They just stood there, quietly looking at her, which further irritated the girl.