Arc 4: Special Chapter: Reflections

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Mr. Kishimoto Does.

Arc 4 Special Chapter: Reflections

"Can't believe I'm doing this in the middle of the journey."

He never really expected that he would find himself in a situation, to which he had never expected in the first place or things that he won't usually do during a journey. Apparently, the team had decided to take a short break in the middle of their journey.

Settling in under the giant watchful trees, it was fortunate for him that there was a nearby small river located from a few walks from their current spot. Boruto realized that it was the right time to do whatever he was going to do, as he drew and grabbed a couple of scrolls from his backpack and headed towards the area, where the small river was supposed to be located.

From that point on, it was all just by himself, the small river in front of him. Sitting on a spot beside the river. Boruto took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air and also gathering enough peace in his mind. Once that was done, he proceeded to open the two scrolls, to which he had brought.

The first scrolled opened revealing sets of powdered detergents and fabric softeners, which he had packed up the day before the mission. By the time, he opened the second scroll, he came face to face with a pile of his own clothes, pants and shirts, which he had worn throughout during this mission.

There were things that happened to which he didn't bother to talk about. Specifically just small events, which involves himself getting into clumsy situations. An example was that he accidentally found himself slipping and landing on a muddy ground while the team was crossing a marshy field. The certain set of clothes were covered in wet mud, and as for the other pair, they covered and filled with dust and sand during his fight against the younger version of his sensei.

He paused for awhile as he thought about that event once again. Facing his sensei in a duel to the death was a kind of thing that he would not expect. He really didn't want to do it, yet he had to since the guy was about to literally kill everyone. Considering the fact, that crazy teenager was his Sensei and Sarada's father, which meant that he'd be having a tough time fighting him or at least avoid a worst case scenario.

Holding back was his best option, he wasn't alright with the whole fighting until you destroy everything stuff. He had been there before and the experience was not that good. Another shocking revelation was that his childhood friend gave his young sensei the punch of his life that it gave him a personality change soon.

It was something so unbelievable and he had to do some small interrogation briefly which still confused him more than make things clear. Thinking about his sensei being back seemed so weird for him. He was hesitant to remember the actual day that the man gave his life. If he tried to recall the memory, then it would only bring back the painful memories again. He knew that he was already done with all the flashbacks and hallucinations from the beginning.

One of his ways of coping, revolved around creating fake memories of how the man had passed on. The actual event which led to his sensei's death will remain hidden for now. Tragedy was the only word that would come to his mind whenever he thought of that moment.

Boruto shook head as he brought himself back to reality. He continued his current work, taking out the dirty clothes from the basin, placing it on the grassy ground. He then used the basin to scoop a portion of water from the river, afterwards, he placed the clothes back into the water-filled basin.