Reconciliation

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers! I'm back with a new chapter! I hope you guys enjoy! I would also like to thank you guys for the reviews, favorites, and follows :) Thank you for also sharing your tips and thoughts for the story.

Take note: Recently, The beta reader for this story will be very busy for awhile. So that means I will be alone on writing story. I'm just a beginner writer so please go easy on me whenever there is a mistake in the story.

Take note 2: It had been a very busy week for me. There are a lot of activities from school especially group presentations. But on a good note, I was able to find the free time to write.

Thank you for Understanding :)

Arc 2

Chapter 16: Reconciliation

There was all nothing but silence throughout the whole time. The cold air breeze blew through every part in the forest causing the trees to rustle as a sign that the conflict was finally over. Cerulean blue eyes stared at a certain red head who was resting on a nearby tree.

Naruto took a deep breath to calm himself down. He just couldn't completely erase his own thoughts about his friend. All the good memories just kept on rewinding in his mind. He couldn't feel any emotion with the exception for sorrow.

It can be considered a day of mourning, at least for the blonde. The rescue mission was a success but had a bittersweet ending. No one could really predict the outcome of the mission. It solely depended on what the team could've done as they were just all in this together. As for Naruto, he could say that they already did all they could have to save the red head but was this really going to be the ending?

Then a positive thought entered his mind.

He recalled what the blonde rookie had said to him awhile ago, that was to not lose any hope and just keep on believing that all of these would have a better outcome. At first, he began to have doubts about it. He wondered how all this could end well?

Naruto sighed.

"I hope you're right kid," he muttered to himself.

He took another looked at his red haired friend. He really looked peaceful as if he had had finally gotten rest after a very rough day. He guessed that this is how death would feel like when the time would come. If he was really going to have the same fate as his friend then he hoped that it would be just like a quick and peaceful ending.

After a few minutes of silent mourning, Naruto stood up. He proceeded to summon a clone to assist him on carrying the young Kazekage back towards the other two.

At the same time, a certain blonde rookie had quietly watched the whole scene unfold. Boruto could only give his young dad a sad look. The teenage blonde could feel the sorrow and loneliness in the atmosphere.

After brief moment of mourning with the latter, he proceeded to help the white haired instructor of the team to recover from the ground.

" Are you alright, Kakashi-sensei?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just that I should've never exhausted myself to the point that I can't even stand on my own now." Kakashi slightly chuckled. He knew that this would be very difficult right now. He slightly cringed as he could feel the muscles aching throughout his body.