Arc 2 : Sand Part 1

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers!, I'm back with a new chapter! I Hope you guys enjoy! I would also like to thank you guys for the Reviews. Favorites, and follows :) Thank you for also sharing your tips and thoughts for the story.

I'm still recovering from sickness but I was able to find time to write the chapter.

Take note: I will be busy for the coming days to come because of Exams. If I find free time then I will write the next chapter.

Thank you for understanding :)

Expect Grammar and Spelling mistakes

P.S: I am just newbie so go easy on me

Chapter 7: Sand Part 1

It was an unusually quiet journey for the rest of the time-traveling trio. Though, the tension in the air was stifling.

Team 7 was grim; their steps, as they moved from branch to branch, were heavy. This was especially true for Naruto Uzumaki, whose eyes were only focused on the path ahead.

Himawari gave her older brother a worried look, wondering why their young dad is acting the way he is but Boruto gave her an assured smile. He slowed his steps, gesturing his sister to follow. His smile faltered as she approached and it became clear to her that he was just as worried as she was. Either way, he explained what he could to her. Of their dad's relationship with the Kazekage—with his friend.

As for Sarada, she was in contemplation of her own. Namely, her mother. Well, not-yet her mother. But she couldn't help but notice the clear difference from when they first met. There was steel in her frame now. More than there ever was since the beginning of their time-traveling hi-jinx. The edges of her lips quirked up at the thought.

But that thought only led her to the blond at the front of their group. The not-yet Lord Seventh. Now, they were like night and day. The sheer difference between the Naruto she knew and the Naruto right there was stark. But regardless, the worry and sorrow exuding from him were… familiar.

"Naruto, will you slow down?" Kakashi asked, tersely. The jonin knew that at this rate, the group would tire out before they could ever reach the halfway mark. And they didn't have a fox demon with near-unlimited chakra to rely on.

In the back, Sakura could only stare at the orange back of her teammate. She knew what her teammate was going through. In a way, it was similar to her and Sasuke. And because of that, she wanted to help him—to say the right words that could help break him up from this angry spell. But because of that, she knew… there was nothing she could do. At least, not right now.

Later, she thought. She had to talk to him later. To say something. Before he did something he would later regret.

The group moved fast. Along the way, they unexpectedly bumped into Temari. The Kazekage's elder sister was in the middle of her own journey back to her home village. Along with Gara, they also learned that Kankuro was injured during a fight against Akatsuki. Though, judging by the subtle tremble of her voice, his injuries must have been more severe than she would admit.

They may have been enemies at one point, but Kakashi understood her plight. He offered her to join up with them, which she reluctantly accepted.