Arc 1: The Forest Part 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey readers! I'm back with a new chapter! Hope you guys enjoy!

Beta Reader for this Chapter: AnimeFanGirl2223

(Interview)

"Just like everyone else, I had no knowledge of what was going to happen next. I'm a shinobi, so violent deaths were common in my profession, but still—I never actually thought that my life would end in such a way. Now that it might, I have no choice but to brace myself for whatever lies ahead of me. It's surprising, but dying seems to be rather peaceful and serene no matter how we go; I guess this is what heaven really feels like. Despite this calming sensation, I have a feeling that it isn't going to last."

-Boruto

The last thing that Boruto remembered before being swallowed by complete darkness was a blindingly bright light. It took a few moments, but soon, all of his senses slowly returned to him. He felt a single drop of a familiar liquid and woke up fully, his eyes snapping open.

He found himself lying on his back and looking up at something brown and green which he soon realized to be branches of a tree with leaves sticking out of it.

Boruto slowly tried to get up but felt pain all over his body. He cringed and winced, but was eventually able to sit up enough to finally get a good look at the place that he had woken up in.

"What in the world?" Boruto muttered. He had found himself in a forest, possibly in the middle of nowhere. In addition, the sky was dark and cloudy, fat rain drops slowly starting to fall. He supposed one had hit him earlier as it slipped through the fluffy tree leaves.

Of course, he was still confused. Why would he end up in some forest? His memories from before waking up here consisted of him in a death match with Kawaki. The energy surge from his Jougan had been powerful and at the time he'd thought it was going to rip him to shreds and then disintegrate all the pieces. But instead, it seemed like he'd been transported somewhere.

As the blonde slowly got back to his feet, he had to support his weight on the nearby tree, his balance still unsteady causing him to stumble around. Once he was sure that he wouldn't fall, he surveyed his surroundings. To his continued shock, he found his sister lying unconscious a few feet away.

"Hima-chan!" Boruto exclaimed as he instantly tried to rush to her. It still hurt to move though, the pain in his legs keeping him from running and causing him to limp the short distance. His mind was racing a mile a minute, thoughts boring into his head.

Was his little sister really alright? Was she injured in the blast wave like he was?

The blonde couldn't subdue his worried, overprotective 'big brother' complex away as usual; every time Himawari was in trouble it tended to come out and consume him. He kept repeating 'She's going to be alright, no matter what, she has to be alright' over and over again.

As soon as he reached his little sister, he rolled her over so that he could check her vital signs and examine any injuries she might have sustained. It was very possible that she received broken ribs and damaged muscles just as he had. He wasn't a medic ninja, but right then he had to do his best; if anything happened to Himawari when he could have prevented it, he knew he would blame himself.