The Forest Part 3

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers!, I'm back with a new chapter! Just like the last chapter which was about 3000 words. Hope you guys enjoy!

BETA READER FOR THIS CHAPTER: Akame3 and once again Vapor 0907

Arc 1: The Forest Part 3

Like a scene from a cheesy movie, everything happened the same. Innocent people became victims of the wrong deeds, and in the end, being saved by a special someone. At least, for Inari himself, he was seeing all of it coming to life, just as a slash nearly appeared upon his cheek.

"Inari." A familiar voice said. Inari turned around to see his grandfather push himself off the ground in pain.

"Grandpa!" Inari cried as he rushed to his grandfather's side. He mentally cursed himself for not noticing what had happened around him.

"I'm really sorry, Gramps," Inari apologized guiltily.

"It's alright," Tazuna said patting Inari's head. "I'm still alive, aren't I?"

When Tazuna turned his attention back to the present, he scanned the young man with spiky blonde hair, starting him right in his cerulean blue eyes. He threw off his tattered black jacket in favour of his plain white tee, tucked into his long-belted pants. Tazuna's eyes roved over the boy's right eye, sealed shut by a nasty scar stretching the length of his face, and whisker-like marks that graced his cheeks, forcing Tazuna to realize who he was, or could be.

"Naruto?" He whispered. But it was impossible for the young man to be the person that he was thinking about.

MEANWHILE

Boruto had readied himself for another round with the bandits. There were less than there had been a while ago, taken care of and tossed aside. With not a single weapon, he was forced to fight with his bare fists.

His eyes darted between each bandit, unsure who would dare to strike first. He thought of his Jogan but dismissed it with another thought. He chakra was drained, and he hadn't the strength left to use it. He only had his taijutsu and his wits about him.

The leader of the bandits smirked confidently. "You're outnumbered, kid. There's nothing you can do. You won't stand a chance against us."

Boruto was hit with confusion. Did the bandit leader not just see what he did to his other minions? Boruto ignored his taunts. They would get what they deserved.

"You fight like children, yet even children can fight better than you," Boruto retorted. "Your mighty butter knives can't do a thing."

The bandit leader's eyes narrowed as he glared. "Why you son of-" He was about to say when he was suddenly interrupted by none other than Boruto who in the blinked of an eye charged at him and cuffed the leader upside the face, sending him flying into a nearby tree.

But Boruto had seen it coming and was too fast for the two henchmen as they came at him with their small kunai in hand, his world automatically slowed. He dodged their attacks one by one, then immediately relieved them of their weapons. One of them retaliated by attacking him with a straight hook-headed for his face but he avoided it with a crouch. The henchman's fist instead collided with his partner who had snuck up on Boruto, in hopes that they could catch him in a lock and put him down.