Small Reunions Part 3

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there, readers! I'm back with a new chapter! Hope you guys enjoy!

Beta reader: Fiddlestickz

Arc 1: Small Reunions 3

Himawari was surrounded by pitch black darkness and deafening silence. She found herself in a seemingly endless void. She looked around, disoriented and confused.

'Where am I?' Himawari pondered silently. She scanned her surroundings again, but no matter how many times she looked, nothing changed. Her body felt numb, as if she has been here for an eternity.

She attempted to scream, but no sound came out. Her heart began to race. Where was she? What was she doing here?

Was she dead? Was this what death was? being stuck in an endless nothing for eternity?

She tried to speak again, anything, any word that she could think of, she tried to say, but it ended in silence. Relentlessly, she tried again, and again, and again, failing each time. Tears began to form in her eyes, and for the first since she was a little girl, she felt helpless.

It was useless; nothing was working, she thought to herself bitterly. Just when she was about to give up all hope, a small light appeared in the darkness, as if someone poked a hole in void with a toothpick. She looked up at the small light. It was getting bigger and bigger, followed by a familiar voice calling after her.

"Hima, don't worry... Everything's going to be alright."

Himawari's tearful eyes widened. She knew that voice. How could she forget? It was her mother! She tried to run towards it, but then suddenly, the light surrounded her until it engulfed the darkness.

Grey eyes was the first she saw. The lavender-haired girl's stared in shock. For a moment, she believed she was in danger, until she realized who it was.

"M-Mom?" Himawari asked hesitantly, almost afraid that the image in front of her would disappear. She couldn't believe it. She didn't know if she should feel relieved or confused.

"Himawari..." Hinata replied softly with a smile. Her mother, or maybe it was only a vision, cupped her cheeks in her hands.

Tears flowed down Himawari's cheeks. She tried to speak, but felt paralyzed.

"I will always be there for you and your brother, Himawari," her mother assured her.

Himawari stared at her in awe. She didn't know what to say. She wanted to hug her, but wasn't this just a vision? just a spirit? She wasn't even really there, but Himawari wanted to pretend it was really her, just for a moment. She began to close her eyes, until a voice called out to her.

"Himawari, it's not your time yet."

(WAKING UP)

Everything felt blurry for a moment. Himawari was lying on something soft, like a bed or a pillow. She tried to open her eyes, but was attacked by a blinding light.

She cringed and closed her eyes again. Gathering strength, she held her breath. She opened her eyes for a second time, and this time she was successful. However, everything was blurry, and she felt slightly light-headed.