Realization

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers! I'm back with a new chapter! This one is a bit short. Just a filler. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Expect grammar and spelling mistakes

Beta Editor: Akame3 and Vapor0907 is also here

Arc 1: Realization

Morning had arrived. It was a sign of the new day dawning, another chance to start the day over. And for one teenage blonde, this new morning would be his chance to start all over again. Birds chirped loudly in the forest like an alarm clock awakening the people who had fallen asleep that night under the cover of the leafy green canopy.

Boruto's eyes slowly cracked open. The first thing that greeted him when he opened his eyes was the beautiful morning sky, the sun still rising on the horizon. He blinked a couple times before attempting to rise from his sleeping bag.

His eyes squinted at the light piercing through the leaves but soon came to his senses as he scanned the greenery around him. The blonde groaned as he rubbed his eyes. As his vision cleared he found the old man and the young boy sitting across from each other at a small fire, nibbling on some bread and sipping some coffee.

"Bolt-san!" Inari shouted catching Boruto's attention.

"Breakfast is here if you're hungry." The boy informed him as he took another chunk out of his bread dipping it in his dark drink.

"Thank you, I'll be right there." Boruto yawned as he finally stood up.

Before he proceeded to join the others, he went up to the two sleeping girls to see if they were alright. When the teenage blonde finally got to them, their sleeping figures filled his vision.

"How long are they going to sleep?" Boruto whispered as he observed the two sleeping girls. His little sister was still in a deep sleep as usual but as for his Uchiha teammate, there was something different.

Instead of the quiet and peaceful sleep from before, now she was a bit livelier. Muttering some words that the blonde couldn't understand. Of course, Boruto dismissed it, but upon a closer look, she was actually talking to someone.

So, when the blonde got a closer look he saw that the raven-haired girl's lips were slightly moving as though she were actually talking. He moved a bit closer and her voice filled his ears.

"B-Boruto." The dreaming Sarada muttered loud enough for him to hear it.

"Is she dreaming about me?" Boruto asked puzzled. He wondered of all people that the raven-haired girl could have dreamt about, why him?

Then she spoke again. "Boruto. . ." She mentioned his name again.

So far, the blonde was confused. She kept mentioning his name over and over again. Boruto could only sigh, He thought that this would take longer and decided to leave and let her daydream for now.

As he was about to leave, the Uchiha girl spoke again. "I love you."

Boruto, who already had stood up raised his eyebrows in confusion. What had she said? Boruto hadn't heard very clearly so he leaned down to her again and listened.