Arc 4: When Things Get More Complicated

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Mr Kishimoto Does

Arc 4: When Things Get More Complicated

Huaaaahhhh!

Kiba yawned aloud as the brown haired teen along with his long time pet companion, Akamaru exhaustedly sat down on a vacant small bench inside a certain a department store located in the village's business district. His eyes were on its way of shutting down, yet he still was able to become observant all the way throughout the time, he was here.

He was not like his teammate, who surprisingly had a penchant for shopping. He moved his eyes around in search for his teammate, not too long he managed to spot a particular image of a long dark lavender hair at a certain section.

"Alright, so Hinata's at the stuffed toy section and..." He trailed off, looking for one more person, who he assumed has gone on his own shopping spree as well.

The only person, who he knew wouldn't do such a thing, is actually doing it or that's just how he interpreted it. As he continued moving his eyes around, a certain presence had appeared behind him.

"Kiba!"

The familiar voice greeted him in a somewhat excited but monotone voice. It very much startled the Inuzuka teen, unlike his large companion, who had drifted into a deep nap forgetting reality altogether for the mean time.

Shino finally appeared behind, granting the teen's secret request. By the time his teammate turned around with a slightly annoyed expression.

"Where the heck have you been man?" The brown haired teen asked, darting his eyes on a giant transparent glass-like box with many small colourful tubes inside." And what is THAT?" He added another question pointing at the big object

"Oh, you mean this?" Shino replied, looking down at the transparent box." This is actually an Ant shelter box." He simply said, with a hint of enthusiasm in his voice.

Kiba kept the uninterested expression." Ant shelter box?." He asked, switching to a more curious look." You're trying to breed Ants now?" He added.

He really didn't know much about the anatomy of his teammate's clan, except for the fact that he has a lot of bugs living inside of him. Well, not literally inside of the body but just that the bugs were always there wherever place he goes to.

"Come on man, why do you need Ants for?" He asked." I mean, you've been with your little insects since you were a baby." Kiba simply said and pointed it out.

Shino responded took a deep breath" Well, I'm open to any harmony or interaction with other insects." He simply said, with confidence." It's one my clan's missions." He added.

"Well, whatever.." A now completely bored Kiba replied, before focusing his eyes on his companion. Gently rubbing and caressing the furs of the sleeping giant for several moments.

"You know, that's not the right way to rub a giant dog." Shino commented, now observing the latter." You're treating Akamaru like a cat." He added.

Kiba brushed it off and gave a small chuckle." Oh come on man, we both know that Akamaru responds to the same treatment as cats do but in a more happy way..." He explained as if he was an expert on animals himself.

"Even if I sing, Akamaru might as well be having the best day of his life!" The brown haired teen proudly said about himself." Remember that time I sang on the Karaoke machine a week ago?" He added, referring to the time when he actually accepted a free trial on a karaoke machine with huge speakers in another department store.