Arc 3: Phase 2: Close Encounter

I don't own Naruto. Mr Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers!, Looks like we've finally entered Arc 3! I Hope you guys enjoy! I would also like to thank you guys for the Reviews. Favorites, and follows :)

Still, I haven't found a Beta Editor yet, so I'm really alone on this one.

Take note: Welcome back to another chapter once again, This chapter will tackle the team's journey to the hideout, Sai's first encounter with Sasuke, and learning more secrets about the Uchiha himself.

Also, feel free to share some of your ideas on how Boruto and Sarada will finally meet Sasuke.

Expect some grammar and spelling mistakes along the way.

Thank you for Understanding :)

Arc 3: Phase 2

Chapter 26: Close Encounter

Sai secretly took a deep breath as he stood before the person that was considered one of the most dangerous individuals in recent times. The young member of root thought that he could handles this altogether but seeing the guy for the first time just sent shivers down his spine.

He secretly gulped for the first time, having this strange feeling of nervousness as he continued observing the other teen in front of him, whose full appearance was slightly shrouded by the darkness surrounding him. He just knew that those blood red eyes were directly staring at him even though he wasn't engaged in a conversation with him.

"You're late"

Those couple of words were enough to make him snapped from his thoughts, bringing him back to reality.

"Am I mistaken? weren't you supposed to be here honing me new jutsus this afternoon, Orochimaru?" The Uchiha teen asked, his voice radiating with sarcasm directly towards the snake sannin.

Kabuto gritted his teeth in annoyance." There's that insolent tone again." He gave his own comment as a means to defend his snake master. He also just hated the Uchiha's attitude and guts.

There was quietness from the snake sannin himself. He didn't said a word for a little while, but to only hold his left arm and adjusting his sleeves to cover up the scars, that he sustained during the training sessions, secretly. This was also noticed by the moving eyes of Sai, who quickly took note of what was happening around him.

Orochimaru gave a slight smile." Don't worry, that will come Sasuke, But why don't we do something different today?" He replied back." Besides, I got a present that would likely cheer you up!" He added, pointing towards the young member root.

"He's a Shinobi from the leaf, I thought it would be a better way for you guys to reminisce!" He explained." Share some stories and memories from home." He gave a little chuckle.

It was at the same time that Sai gave a smile for the first time since. He was confident that he might be able to lower down the seriousness from the other teen and also gain some respect." You must be Sasuke Uchiha, My name is Sai, and it's very pleasing to meet yo-" He was suddenly cut at the end of his sentence.

"Get lost!" The Uchiha exclaimed, with disinterest in his tone of voice.

Sai was surprised to hear that kind of rude response, he still kept his smile, but deep down inside, he was shaken. He then took a deep breath again and continued with a new response." It seems that I'm the sort of person that people wouldn't like right away even if I wore a smile." He said.