Bittersweet

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers! I'm back with a new chapter! I Hope you guys enjoy! I would also like to thank you guys for the reviews, favorites, and follows :) Thank you for also sharing your tips and thoughts for the story.

Take note: Recently, The beta reader for this story will be very busy for awhile. So that means I will be alone on writing story. I'm just a beginner writer so please go easy on me whenever there is a mistake in the story.

Take note 2: Recently, I have been having a writer's block, Its really difficult when nothing is coming out from your mind. Although, A fellow friend gave me some tips on how to regained my mind back and as a result I am back with a new chapter. I also started to implement a little of the original ideas I had been planning for the story since the beginning.

One more thing, this chapter is quite short. I had a very busy weekend so I had little time to write but somehow I managed to finish it.

Arc 2:

Chapter 17: Bittersweet

It was the most peaceful feeling that he could've ever felt in his whole life. Gaara had never felt so much peace and calmness before. It was like that from now on, he would never feel the pain and loneliness that was haunting him since the beginning. He felt like floating in an endless void and just staring at the blank dark space.

His mind was as blank as an empty can. All of his thoughts, both positive and negative were nowhere to be found. He felt like a lost soul that preferred to be stuck in limbo just so that he couldn't be with the real world anymore,.

Gaara was reluctant. If this how his life will be from now on, then he would just take the opportunity and stay here for as long as he was allowed to. he didn't want to think about any other things besides letting himself free from everything.

"Did I live up to everyone's expectations?" he thought to himself. He doubted his ability to protect his loved ones. Was he enough for them and the village? Did the village really support him throughout his tenure as the Kazekage? Did they really accept him as their own? Or was it just all pure fantasy?

There so many doubts and questions. He felt like a lost little child that couldn't distinguish right from wrong. He began to wonder on why he was born into this world. Was it just to experience a painful and lonely life? Why did he never get to experienced the love that everyone has?

Was he just destined to lived and end his life in this kind of way?

A few moments later, the young man suddenly felt a presence surrounding him. It was somehow mysterious but benevolent at the same time. He observed this presence which was revealed before his eyes. It was a kind of blue greenish ethereal form of substance or energy that appeared in a fluid stream. It was surrounding and nearing towards him.

Gaara didn't panic whatsoever, He just stared at this mysterious energy as it headed closer to him. He was just mesmerized and even tried to reach out for it. A few moments later, the ethereal stream had came in contact with the latter and surrounded him fully. The red head closed his eyes again and let himself fully enveloped by the stream.

In his mind, He began to dive into his deepest memories and what came out of it was a certain someone, someone that he knew but had never met in person before. The memories took him further and he found himself in a hospital room. The red head widened his eyes as he stared at a much younger version of himself, a newborn toddler and right beside him was a young woman, who was cradling the infant version of himself. She appeared to be weak as if she was holding the infant for the last time.