Arc 2: Homecoming Part 2

Disclaimer:

I don't own Naruto. Kishimoto Does.

Author's note: Hey there Readers!, I'm with a new chapter! I Hope you guys enjoy!

Arc 2

Chapter 2: Homecoming Part 2

"Welcome to Ichiraku's Ramen!"

Boruto enthusiastically grinned from ear to ear. He did not expect to be promoted so quickly-in just a few weeks time, even. He guessed that his hard work really paid off. He actually started from the bottom as just a normal bus boy, then, fast forward a few weeks, and he is now considered the youngest chef in the shop, cooking ramen for the customers.

The ramen shop saw an increase in customers and sale percentages because of the blonde's contributions and he was thus now considered a partner to the ramen shop's daughter in terms of handling the orders, fixing technical issues, and other tasks related to the business.

"Coming right up sir!"

"What would you like to order, Ma'am?"

"That's a great choice, Ma'am/Sir."

Phrases and questions like these were constantly coming out of the blonde's mouth since he began working there. Truth to be told, he really enjoyed the experience of serving the customers. It was like a free trial for if he was ever going to work in the future as an adult.

The blonde observed his surroundings. Customer attendance was still at an all-time high. Even though it was a bit of a hustle, he still managed to keep with the flow. He observed the crowd; most of them were families and single individuals. The customers that caught his attention the most were a father and son eating in a particular area. They were happily bonding and talking to each other.

Boruto gave them a sad smile. Memories flooded his mind as he recalled the first time his own dad had taken him to the ramen shop. He remembered that at that time, Ichiraku, the owner, had already retired from the business. Fortunately for the blonde, however, he was able to meet the old man himself, since he had been there in the past.

"Bolt-san?" A familiar female voice called his name. The blonde snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face the brown haired woman herself, Ayame.

"Yes Ayame-chan?" Boruto asked. He was waiting for the latter to ask him something.

"So, how are you doing?" Ayame asked. She was just checking up on the blonde to see how he found his job so far.

Boruto smiled. " Well, I am actually doing great! Plus, I really need this job right now, hehe," he explained as he gave a chuckle. He really needed to earn a living to keep themselves in a stable condition.

Ayame chuckled." You sound as if this is the most important job you've ever taken," she commented.

Boruto could only sigh." Well, It's true that I value my job right now," he explained as he stirred the freshly cooked ramen. "I'm thankful that I'm earning a living because of you guys," he added as he placed the ramen into a bowl of broth and served it to a random customer.

"Without you guys I don't know what other job I would have taken besides this," Boruto explained.

(Interview)