Chapter 16

Y/n's POV

I continued running towards the goal while Todoroki and Kacchan were catching up to me. We got to the second challenge, which had a bunch of ropes tied to different islands. I changed into my smaller fox form, but it was taking a while, so most everyone caught up to us as Kacchan and Todoroki took the lead again. I started running across the ropes. Since I was so small, it made running across the ropes easy. When I got to the last challenge, I looked at what it was before deciding to stay small. I ran over the mine field dodging mines and watching as Todoroki and Kacchan kept getting further ahead of me. After a few minutes of avoiding mines, I heard an explosion behind me. I looked back to see something green and metallic looking flying towards Todoroki and Kacchan. I noticed something riding on the metal before realizing that it was papa. Smiling, I kept pushing forward while it distracted everyone else. I watched as papa was about to land only to use the metal to cause another explosion, this time taking Todoroki and Kacchan out for a couple seconds.

He ran for the doors while Todoroki and Kacchan chased him. I stayed pretty close behind them, only making it to fourth place. When I entered the arena, I saw papa standing there looking up in the stands. I looked up to see All Might clapping for papa; I smiled and walked over to him. "Papa!" I yelled. He turned and looked at me. "Hi sweetie, what place did you get?" He asked.

"I got fourth place. I'm sad I couldn't get first like you." I said. He just smiled and patted me on the head. "That's okay, I think it's best if you show off your skills without me around just so you can shine." Papa said.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Y/n! Deku!" Mama yelled. She walked over to us and hugged me. "You did amazing out there, sweetie." Mama said.

"Look at the mother daughter relationship between class 1-A's Ochaco Uraraka and her adoptive daughter Y/n Midoriya." Present Mic said over the speaker. Everyone was looking at us before cheering about our relationship. "Did he have to say that?" Mama asked. I smiled and looked up at the stand where Present Mic and mister Aizawa were. I saw Present Mic give me a thumbs up before I waved at him. "I think he wanted people to know about us mama." I said.

"Alright everyone please gather around." Midnight said. Everyone walked over to the platform that Midnight was standing on. "Time to see what our next event is." Midnight said as the program on the screen started spinning to select the next event. The program stopped spinning landing on calvary battle. Everyone started talking about what it was and how the game was going to work. "Maybe if you'd all be quiet I can explain the game to you." Midnight said getting everyone to be quiet. She explained how we were going to divide up into teams of two to four and each person that finished the race had a point amount. Papa got 10 million points while everyone else got five more points then the person before them. After everyone realized that papa was the main target, but I figured I'd still make it on my own. I started thinking about who I should have on my team, but I couldn't think of anyone specific. I saw papa talking with mama and someone I didn't know.

I kept looking around for people I could team up with. "Hey squirt." Kacchan said. I turned to see him looking at me. "Want to help put your dad in his place?" Kacchan asked.

"No, but I'll help you win." I said. He smiled and nodded. "I want you to be the rider, the smaller the target the harder it will be to get the points." He said.

"It'll also be harder for me to get points." I said.

"Everyone will be attacking for points even me." Kacchan said. I nodded. Since I was riding on top Kacchan, Kirishima, and Denki were working with us. Once the timer went off we got ready as I tied the band around my head before being lifted onto everyone's backs. The game started and we immediately went after papa and his team. Even when I was trying to take the headbands from others everyone easily defended me from attacks. "This is fun." I said. As the game continued we ended up losing all of the headbands that we had at first, but we managed to get a couple back allowing us to make it into the next round.