Chapter 111

Y/n's POV

I stayed with papa in the hospital while he was still recovering, but I heard people were slowly not believing in heroes anymore after what happened. Hero agencies were closing one after another because of the citizens criticizing the heroes and how they were acting. There were even rumors going around that civilians were getting their hands on support items, but most people didn't know how to use them properly and ended up causing more destruction and injuries. I eventually heard that Endeavor had survived his injuries from Dabi. I went to visit him and see if I couldn't help possibly cheer him up like Sir Nighteye would've wanted, but I saw Shoto and his older brother and sister and someone else that reminded me of Shoto's sister at the door. Since they were there, I stayed back and just listened while the four of them talked. "We're glad you're up. Now we can check in on each other." Fuyumi said. I heard Endeavor coughing since he just screamed Shoto. "Are you all okay?" Endeavor asked. 

"Are you crying? What the hell, dad?" Natsuo asked.

"Sorry. Everything really... I failed. And it's too late, my regret and my guilt too, everything... My heart is... breaking." Endeavor said. I could hear his breath shaking as he cried. "What's this about your heart?" The woman asked. I heard Endeavor gasp before his breathing stopped shaking. "Regret and guilt, I understand. In fact, we've felt it much more than you have." The woman said.

"Rei? What are you doing here?" Endeavor asked.

"I came to talk to you. About our family and about Toya." Rei said. I smiled seeing that Shoto's family was finally talking before leaving, heading back to papa's room since they were talking. Mama and some of our other classmates were trying to keep Kacchan from barging into papa's hospital room, but I could hear him yelling about papa not waking up while he's been awake for a while. Grandpa Might and I were sitting in papa's room watching over him while he was still unconscious. "Can you feel it, Y/n? The vestiges of One for All gathering inside of young Midoriya?" Grandpa Might asked. I shook my head. "No, I can't. But while papa was fighting Shigaraki, I could feel something that felt like One for All energy gathering in my body." I explained.

"So it's happened again, you gaining One for All's abilities." Grandpa Might said. I nodded before he went quiet. There was a knock on the hospital room door before Grandpa Might got up and walked over to see who was there. He walked over, opening the door before I smelled a couple of new scents. I looked over, seeing Hawks and Best Jeanist standing in the doorway before I turned back to look at papa. "It's nice to meet you, All Might." A robotic voice said.

"You're Hawks, right?" Grandpa Might asked.

"Let's skip the intros so I can get straight to the important stuff. Is Midoriya going to recover?" The robotic voice asked. 

"Yes, He'll pull through this. He's not the only reason you're here." Grandpa Might said. 

"This is about Midoriya and One for All." Hawks said. My ears flicked back as I heard Hawks Mention One for All while Grandpa Might gasped. "A hero from the raid heard it over the radio before mentioning it to some reporters. More and more people are asking questions and Endeavor told us as the battle progress Shigaraki was targeting Midoriya. A mere UA student. I'm trying to get the full picture. Because from now on we're not just fighting villains, we're also fighting public sentiment." Hawks said, walking over to the window. Grandpa Might was quiet for a second before walking into the hall. "We should talk somewhere private. I'll tell you everything." Grandpa Might said. That night mama dragged me home so I could get some actual rest since papa hadn't woken up and while I didn't want to go she ended up forcing me home. I woke up later that night to something moving in the halls before getting up and looking at my door. I saw something shoved under my door before I got up walking over to pick up whatever it was. It was a couple pieces of paper which I opened finding that it was a letter from papa since it was his handwriting. I started reading the letter which was an apology from him since he said he was leaving UA. As I read the letter I started crying before rushing over to mama's room. I pounded on her door trying to get her to wake up. Mama eventually opened her door before looking down at me. "Y/n? What's wrong? You're crying." Mama said, kneeling down.

I rushed into her arms burying my face in her chest as I started crying.

Uraraka's POV

Y/n was crying loudly with her head buried in my chest before I saw the pieces of paper she had in her hand. I noticed that it was Deku's handwriting on the paper before managing to get Y/n to let go of the paper. She contined crying as I read the letter she had. Deku apologized to Y/n in the letter before explaining that he was leaving UA to protect her and everyone else in the hero course since Shigaraki and All for One were after him. I brought Y/n into a tight hug before I noticed a letter on the floor addressed to me. "Oh Deku..." I whispered. I picked Y/n up and carried her into my room trying to get her to calm down, but nothing I did was helping. Eventually there was a knock on my bedroom door, I went to get up but Y/n kept a tight grip on my clothes. I sighed picking her up as I walked over to the door I opened it to see Eri standing at the door. "Miss Uraraka, is Y/n okay?" Eri asked. I sighed and let her into my room. "Well Eri, Y/n just found out that Deku left us to save everyone here. She's sad cause her father left." I tried explaining. Eri looked at Y/n who was crying a bit quieter now before I laid down on my bed with them. Y/n ended up crying herself to sleep hugging me while Eri and I tried to comfort her most of the night. The next morning I woke up seeing Y/n hugging Eri while they both continued to sleep. I got up and covered them with my blanket before grabbing the letters from Deku and walking downstairs.

Everyone was talking about the letters and what Deku said in them before looking up at me. "Uraraka... How's she taking it?" Momo asked.

"Not great. She found her's last night and came crying to my room. She's sleeping after crying for most of the night. Eri's with her for now." I explained, knowing Momo was asking about Y/n.

"How could he do that to her?" Kirishima asked, nearly shouting.

"He's trying to protect her from danger. What father wouldn't want to keep his little girl safe?" Mina answered. Everyone started debating on why Deku would just leave Y/n behind while I headed outside sitting on one of the benches just outside our dorm building. I opened my letter from Deku and looked at it before beginning to read it. "Uraraka, thank you so much. It's time for you and the rest of the class to know everything. I wrote these letter to try and explain, my quirk is a power passed from All Might onto me. It's a gift that All for One and Shigaraki want to steal, so they're coming after me. The last thing I want to do is put others in danger and it's dangerous to be near me. So I'm leaving UA, being in the hero course and meeting everyone in class 1-A has made me happier than you can imagine. Thank you. Please continue looking after Y/n for me, she's going to need someone to look up to since I'll no longer be around for her. I'm happy that she found you to be a wonderful mother. I know that being with you she'll be safer than she ever could be with me. Please try and explain that to her, remind her that I love her and will always think about her." Deku's letter said.

"Deku, you idoit." I said, holding his letter close. I went back inside thinking about how to explain everything to Y/n without her believing that Deku left her just to keep her safe. Everyone looked at me as I walked back into the dorm building concern on each of their faces. "So what do we tell her?" Momo asked.

"Deku asked for me to continue looking after Y/n and explain to her that he love and why he left her here with us. How do we do that?" I said.

"We don't. We need to bring him back. That's the answer." Bakugo said.