Chapter 22

Y/n's POV

After resting for two days, it was hard for me to get out of bed. "Come on Y/n, we need to get ready for school." Papa said. I got out of bed, grabbing some clothes before heading into the bathroom. I slowly changed clothes before heading back to our room. Papa had his backpack on and mine in his hands. "Ready to get some breakfast?" He asked. I nodded before walking to the kitchen. Grandma had made us some breakfast. Papa sat down at the table while I tried to sit down, but almost fell out of my seat. "Woah there sweetie." Grandma said, catching me. I adjusted myself before grandma set my food in front of me. I slowly ate my food before perking up. Me and papa left and headed to the train station. We luckily found a seat for us to share. I leaned on papa's shoulder watching him scroll through his phone. "Hey you two were in sports festival weren't you?" Someone asked. 

I looked up to see a couple of adults looking at me and papa. They started asking us about the sports festival before telling us they were supporting us. When we got to our stop, everyone kept cheering for us before we stepped out of the station and saw that it was raining. Papa pulled out his umbrella before he looked at me. "Wanna be carried?" Papa asked. I nodded and used my quirk to turn into my small fox form. He started making his way to U.A. while I closed my eyes and continued to rest. I heard something getting closer to us quickly before I looked behind us to see Iida running towards us. "You really went all out on the rain gear didn't you Ida?" Papa asked. 

"Why are you walking, Midoriya?" Ida asked.

"Well, there's five minutes to the first bell and I don't want Y/n to fall." Papa said. 

"U.A student's should always show up ten minutes early." Ida said, rushing past us. Papa started to jog after Ida before I jumped off his backpack and ran along side him. When we got to school papa shook his umbrella getitng most of the water off before I hsook my body drying myself off quickly. "So Ida..." Papa started. 

"If it's about my brother, there's no reason to worry. He'll be fine." Ida said. Papa just stared at him while Ida walked away from us. I chased after him catching up to him quickly. "Ida." I said. He stopped and looked down at me. "Y/n I'm fine." He said. I shook my head and just stared him down. "Is it really that noticeable?" He asked. I nodded. "I see, it seems I can fool most people, but not you. I was lying to Midoriya about my brother, he's actually giving up on being a hero and asked me to take his hero name." Ida explained. 

"You should." I said. He looked at me then the floor. "I don't think I can bring myself to do it, not right now at least." He said. I nodded before rubbing my head against his leg. "If you need someone to talk to me, papa and mama are here for you." I said. I didn't get a response before I continued making my way towards class. When we got there everyone was talking about how people recognized them since they were in the sports festival. "What about you Y/n? You placed thrid with Tokoyami, did people know you because of that?" Mina asked.

"Yeah on the train ride here me and papa were talked to about it and they said they were cheering us on." I said. Papa walked in and sat down before mr. Aizawa opened the door. "Morning." He said.

"Good morning mr. Aizawa." Everyone said. He walked to the front of the classroom and faced us without his bandages. "Ribbit mr. Aizawa you don't have bandages any more. That's good news. Tsu said. Mr. Aizawa reached up and scratched his face. "The old lady went a little overboard on her treatment." He explained. Everyone was happy that mr. Aizawa was okay before he got serious. "We have a big class today on hero informatics." He said. I started thinking about everything that we've talked about so far in that class before looking around and seeing everyone panicking about it. "You need code names. It's time to pick your hero identities." He said. Everyone started cheering before mr. Aizawa activated his quirk quieting everyone down. "This is related to the pro hero draft picks that I told you about the last time we were together." Mr. Aizawa said. He started explaining normally we wouldn't worry about it until our second or third year, but our class was different.