Motherly-Natasha Romanoff

For the backstory, the reader grew up with a single mother who often abused her when dunk; sometimes the abuse was so bad the reader would still get nightmares from the experience. With that I should probably issue a warning for mentions of abuse

When you first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. you trained underneath the redhead known as the Black Widow. Instantly you took a liking to her, and oddly, she took a liking to you too.

As time progressed, from training to going on missions together, you and Natasha became close.

One day you and her were sent on an assignment that required the two of you to recover some crucial information from; the target was staying at a fancy hotel for a business conference and you and Nat would be checking into said hotel undercover. Since you and her got there a day early, there was some time to kill.

That night, when you were sleeping in your shared hotel room (it should be noted this is a two-bed hotel room), you started to have nightmares. You start thrashing about in bed which woke up Natasha. She got up from her bed and started to shake you awake. "(y/n)? (y/n)! Wake up! It's just a dream!" Nat starts to shout. You wake up with jolt, cold sweat beading down your forehead. "You okay?" she asks

When you calm down you say to her, "I'm fine, it was nothing." "It wouldn't be nothing if you weren't thrashing about, screaming in your sleep." she counters, "was it really that bad?" I ask hesitantly. "If you screamed any louder in your sleep the entire hotel, plus our target would have heard you."

You sigh and lay your head back down on your pillow. "It was a memory...a really bad from my childhood." you confess. Natasha takes your hand in hers, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Although you were close to Nat you never told her about your past; you never told anyone for that matter. However, you felt you could trust Natasha.

So slowly you told her about your life growing up, about being raised by a single mother, whom all she ever did was drink herself into a drunken stupor. "whenever she was like that she' d sometimes have these fits of rage and would break anything standing in her way," you explain, "including her own daughter."

"You never mentioned your mother before," Nat says sympathetically

"I never talked about her to anyone up until now. Even at school, I was ashamed to let anyone even know she was my mother." you felt tears starting to well up in you eyes. Natasha gives you a hug, "I never really knew my mother, but to me sounds like you never even had a mother to begin with," She kisses your forehead.

What Nat said was true enough. Even if you knew your mother, she never acted like one to you, not really.

"Would it be crazy to say you're like a mother to me?" I ask, "I don't know much about how mothers are suppose to act but you are the closest thing I've ever had to having one."

"I don't think it sounds crazy at all," was Nat's reply, "I'm not sure if anyone's ever really thought of me in that way." She continues to comfort you until you both fall asleep.

Natasha was already up by the time you awoke the next morning. "You look well-rested." she compliments. "Well it was kind of nice having that burden I'd been carrying for years off my shoulders." you reply, getting up to get dressed "Thanks for that."

"Thank you for trusting me enough to open up like," she responds. "I do believe we have an assignment to complete." you say

"I believe we do. You remember what to do?" "Only because I learned from the best" Natasha smiles to that.