The Morning After- Tony Stark

Hello, I'm back from my little sabbatical and am about to make up for lost time. To start this will be the start of a new series of segments I'd like to call "The Morning After." No, there's no smut involved but these will be one-shots of what the morning is like after spending a night with one of the Avengers and what better way to start than with the genius, billionaire, playboy himself. Since it's implied there was sex the night before, there may be fluff and innuendo in these segments. Enjoy.

The sun peaked through the windows and warmed your bare back, easing you gently from deep sleep. As you slowly wake, you start to remember certain events from last night, most of which occurred in the very bedroom you where currently sleeping in.

You had spent the night with Tony Stark of all people which was something you never expected would happen to you. You had recently joined S.H.I.E.L.D and one of your first assignments was to keep an eye on the billionaire to make sure neither him nor his Iron Man suits would cause any trouble. You came to Stark Industries under cover and Tony hired you as one of his assistants. During your stay, you got to know Tony really well as well as getting familiar with his suits and other tech. To you, Tony seemed like a really nice guy despite his reputation as a womanizer. As fate would have it you began to develop feelings for the man; feelings which you attempted to bury deep down in order to focus on your assignment. Burying said feelings became increasingly difficult as each day passed and you became closer to Tony.

Finally the feelings you tried so hard to bury sprung up last night after you and Tony had a couple drinks at the bar. When you and him came back to the tower the two of you started talking. At first it was just casual, but next thing you knew your lips were pressed against Tony's and you were making out. When you pulled away to catch your breath, what Tony said surprised you, "(y/n)," he started, "I think we both know how much you and I have really wanted to do this," "Wait. You have feelings for me?" you ask somewhat confused. "You didn't notice?" he asks back, "I've been wanting to say something for the longest time but I didn't think you felt the same way. Not until a month ago when I'm pretty sure I caught you making out with a standee of me and the suit. "oh god," you groan, "you saw that?" you turn around hoping to hide the red creeping up your cheeks. "I thought it was cute," he remarks coaxing you to turn around so he could kiss you again "If I was being honest you are truly remarkable". It was true you did want this. But you also liked Tony too much and felt you needed to say something. "Tony, wait," you push him back slightly, "Before this goes any further there's something I need to tell you. I like you a lot and I feel I should tell you. If you don't trust me after this, I will completely understand."

In that moment you confessed you were a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and also confessed what your original assignment was. "I saw this as another assignment at first," you continue to confess, "but now I see you really are a great guy, Tony, and I had to say something because I didn't want to hurt you." Tony just stares at you with surprise, as if he wasn't sure how to respond. "I think I should probably go. You don't have to see me again-" before you could finish or even turn around to leave, Tony pulls you for a heated kiss. In that moment you gave into everything you had felt all those months for Tony. Next thing you knew, Tony carries you to his bedroom, slamming the door closed behind him.  

So here you were now the morning after; naked underneath the sheets that were covered in Tony's scent. You laid down for a little bit taking in every ounce of said scent. Last night was truly a night to remember. You sleepily stretched your hand out expecting Tony to still be laying in bed with you. When you didn't feel him you open your eyes to find his side of the bed empty. "Tony?" you say getting up looking around the room. "Mr. Stark is currently in the kitchen as we speak," J.A.R.V.I.S informs you. "Oh, thanks J.A.R.V.I.S," you say as you get up, putting on Tony's discarded shirt and a pair of panties.

You walk into the kitchen, the smell of cooking eggs hits your nose. As you peak your head around the corner of the kitchen you find Tony by the stove cooking bacon and eggs and toast popping out of the toaster. "Sure smells delicious," you state standing by the counter. Tony smiles as he places the food onto plates and hands one to you which you gladly accept.

The two of you sit down and eat in silence, unsure of what to say next. When he takes both your plates to the sink he finally breaks the silence, "So what's going to happen now?" he asks. "Well, now that I pretty much have been compromised I'll have to report everything back to S.H.I.E.L.D," you answer. "Everything?" he cheekily grins. "Well, I think I can leave out some of the more explicit details," you reply knowing what he meant, "There's a good chance I may lose my job and have to find employment elsewhere." You look down and Tony lifts your chin so he could see your eyes, "Or maybe you could here full time as an actual employee," he suggests. "Tempting but hardly sounds appropriate since I would technically be sleeping with the boss now," you reply, "but right at this point I wouldn't care either way." you stand on your toes so you could peck his lips and he kisses you back. "We could always keep this part of the assignment a secret," he suggests again. "Maybe," you ponder, "I did say I could leave out the explicit details. But secrets do have a way of coming out." "Well when that time comes, I promise to be by your side, babe." He pulls you into his chest. "I really appreciate that," you say, "till then, what say you join me for a little shower?" At that suggestion he happily picks you up and carries you to the bathroom.

It's good to be back. I think for the next One-shot I'll do another Love Triangle Installment.