Avengers Radio-Part 4

Before I begin Part 4, let me just say writing fanfiction is harder than I thought. Still it's fun.

"What's wrong, Bucky?" you walk into the living room to see Bucky a little more sullen then usual. "It's nothing," Bucky tries to brush off your question. "James, please don't lie to me," you put your hands on your hips, "You were suppose to be at the radio station with Steve and Sam." "It was some of the questions from the radio the other day," Bucky finally gives in. "Oh come on, Buck you can't those comments to heart," you say, "Like Taylor Swift says 'Haters gonna hate, hate, hate,hate, hate, hate, hate.'" "Maybe," Bucky's expression remains unchanged, "Still doesn't make the comments any less hurtful; or true" You try and console Bucky as best you can but still nothing. Giving up you head to the radio station.

At the radio station, Sam and Steve are about to wrap up their radio segment. "Alrighty, everyone," Steve speaks into the microphone, "Falcon and myself are just about to wrap things up, but before we go, I have a request from a Johnathan Alexander who's wife of 50 years recently passed and wants us to play Glen Miller's 'Moonlight Serenade,' which by coincidence happens to be one of my song requests. You know I was listening to the radio when it first came out, I remember that day-" "Just play the song, gramps, we ain't got time for that," Sam interrupts. "Playing the song right now," Steve finishes.

While playing the song you walk into the room and motion for Steve and Sam to talk to you. "Guys, I need you to talk to Bucky," you tell them. "Oh yeah, that bastard was suppose to be here with us," Sam states. "This isn't funny, Sam," you retort, "Yesterday was hard on him, and I can't get him to cheer up. You're close with him, maybe you can do something about it." Steve and Sam take this to heart and leave the station. "Okay, (y/n), let's get it together," you say to yourself, "Just one more segment and we'll be done tonight. Can't be anymore stressful." Thor comes bursting into the room, "Greetings, (y/n)," he booms, "I have arrived in time for the 'Thor Odinson Hour.'" Thor takes his seat by the microphone. "Spoke too soon," you mumble to yourself.

Meanwhile back at the facility, Steve and Sam were trying their best to console Bucky. It was starting to work this time. "Buck, you can't believe everything everyone says about you," Steve tells him. "Look, man," Sam quips, "I know you and I don't always get along, but as far as metal armed assassins go, you're alright." "I heard what you said on the radio, Wilson," Bucky comments, "You're a good friend too," Bucky is about to pull Sam into a hug but Sam stops him, "Alright, alright, no need for things to get mushy. Hey I know, maybe something exciting is on the radio right now." Sam tunes into the station you're on, "Up next the 'Thor Odinson Hour,'" your voice is heard. Sam immediately turns off the radio, "Spoke too soon, let's see what's on Netflix."

Meanwhile at the station, you do a sound check to make sure Thor's microphone was working. "Okay, we are on in exactly one minute, thirty seconds, Thor you know what to do," you ask. "I not sure," Thor responds with nervousness. "Oh, come on, what happened to that confidence that was laced within you not too long ago?" you ask slightly confused. "I must humbly confess to you that I am not sure I can match what Falcon and Captain Rogers pulled off not too long ago," Thor admits. "I'm sure it's fine," you chuckle nervously, "Just be yourself and have fun with it. Just treat it like you were reveling in old memories with your Asgard buddies."  "In that case, I shall not fail to entertain the mortal listeners," Thor replies with confidence restored. "Good to hear. Okay you're on now." "Greetings listeners throughout New York City," Thor begins, "This is Thor son of Odin and a proud member of the Avengers, who are indeed the finest warriors of Midgard and I am proud to fight by their side. I shall be live on the air for the next hour so all you mortals out there prepare to be intrigued, astounded, and perhaps even moved as I regale some of the finest battles I ever fought both in this and the other nine realms." For the next hour Thor goes on and on about old battles and battles recently fought. To be honest you had nearly fallen asleep a couple times but had quickly pulled yourself together when you saw Thor was finished. "Okay, that's all the time we have," you speak into the mic, "Since this is the 'Thor Odinson Hour' I will play a song from Thor's playlist. Taylor Swift's 'Shake it off.'"

--------------The Next Day--------------------------------------------

You and Thor were the first ones at the meeting. "Don't be nervous, Thor, I'm sure they loved it last night," you reassure the Asgardian. "I better hope so," he replies. The others soon enter the conference room. "Hell of a show last night, Thor," Sam says as he takes his seat. "It certainly was the finest hour on the radio," Tony quips. "Thank you all very much, my friends," Thor says with emotion, "Excuse me for a moment," Thor gets up to leave. "That was nice of you guys," you compliment. "Felt I needed to say something," Tony replies. "Yeah just one question though," you continue, "Did any of you actually hear his show?" "Hell no," Fury replies and the others join in agreement. Thor comes back in just in time for the meeting to start.

----------------Time Skip Towards End Of The Meeting----------------------------

"Before we all l just want to remind you all to be at the radio station later today. Don't forget we have the upcoming Avengers roast," the others groan. "Man, what were you thinking about doing a roast?" Sam asks Steve, "I thought it wasn't any different from what we do everyday," Steve replies. "Yes, but only this time, the insults are going to be made public," Tony quips again. "What's the big deal?" Steve asks, "It could be fun." With that the others leave in preparation for the potential upcoming dread.

To be continued