Fear Becomes Reality Part 1

Time for another Halloween themed one-shot. This one is heavily inspired by an episode from the original Teen Titans series, the one where the team watched a horror flick and Raven makes those horrors come to life when she refused to acknowledge the movie scared her. 

In this case, the reader, like Raven, refuses to acknowledge the film the Avengers team watches scared her, and keeping said fears bottled in forces to slip into reality.

Enjoy. The reader by the way has powers similar to said teen titan.

"Movie night, everybody!" Tony announces as you and the rest of the Avengers congregate into the lounge for the weekly movie night; silly as it sounds, little things like that do help in keeping the team together.
"So what are we watching tonight?" Rhodey inquires. "You'll see," Tony smirks as he places in the disc, "Hope you all don't mind horror flicks." "Horror flick?" you perk up, "Uh, couldn't we watch something a little more...Disney tonight?" "Scared of a little CGI effects?" Clint lightly teases. "Pfft, no," you deny, "I'm not one for fear, I mean, come on, we've taken on aliens from outer space, HYDRA, an army of apocalyptic robots, and a giant purple thumb with a thing for glowing stones. So...bring it on." "That's the spirit, (y/n)," Tony says as he presses play, "Don't worry, I've been told this film is fairly tamed."
"I've never fully understood the appeal to this genre of film," Vision admits as the movie starts. "Some people like to get scared," Wanda explains with a shrug, "I think it has to do with the adrenaline."

Turned out it wasn't as tame as the billionaire made it out to be...and it was nearly two hours long. By the time it was over, you and the whole team could only stare at the screen with wide eyes as the credits rolled. "Wow," was all Tony could muster out. "Please tell me it's over," Sam peaks from behind the couch. "I am almost afraid to open my eyes to find out," Thor admits, keeping his eyes closed. "Of all the things we've fought over the years, that has got to be the scariest thing I've ever seen," Steve quips in.  

Sometime later everyone, except you, starts laughing; you on the other hand tried to contain yourself, not wanting the others to see how shook up the movie made you. You decide to keep silent while everyone starting going on about how intense and amazing the movie was. "So, (y/n)," Clint nudges your side, "Even you have to admit you were terrified." "Yeah, no, not really," you deny, putting on a calm demeanor, "I told you, I'm not one to get scared." "Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd say it's past my bedtime," Tony yawns and stretches, "See you all in the morning." "Since when you go to bed before midnight?" Natasha frowns a little at that. "Hey, I ain't as young as I used to be," Tony defends as he heads to his bedroom.
Eventually you and the others decide to follow suit.

-----Sometime in the night-------

You tossed and turned as you slept in your bed, images from the film starting to emerge in your dreams. It soon became too much and you bolt up from bed to the sound of a thunderstorm outside.
You pant a little, covered in a thin sheet of cold sweat as you look around your room, feeling a little creep out from your choice of decor. "I should probably consider redecorating this place," you comment to yourself before laying back down with hopes of letting sleep come back to you.

The minute you close your eyes, however, a shriek of terror hits your ears and seems to reverberate across the compound. You immediately jumped out of bed and rush out of your room to investigate.

-------------

By the time you made it to the lounge, you notice the rest of the team had already got there, half of them in their pajamas. 
"Who screamed?" you asked. "No idea," Steve answers, "And last I checked we didn't have anyone else enter this facility before midnight." "There hasn't," Tony confirms, "Friday did a full scan of the entire compound front and back...twice. We're the only ones here right now."

The scream occurred again. "You sure about that?" Natasha asks, uncertainty laced in her voice. Suddenly the lights go out. "That ain't good," Sam comments. "Ah man, this is just like how the movie we watched earlier started," Rhodey adds in. "Okay, okay, let's not overact," Nat tries to calm everyone down, "It's probably just a power outage from the thunderstorm, and this is all just our imaginations getting out of control."

The screaming was heard once again, louder this time, followed by a loud high-pitch sound that made everyone cover their ears. "I don't know why, but that high pitch sound was vaguely familiar," you comment, "and I really don't think that's a good thing."

Right on cue a light shines from one the halls and grows brighter and the sound of a clunky Iron suit approaches.
Into the lounge appears one of the old Iron Man suits, walking by itself. "So much fear," the suit speaks in a creepy, yet all to familiar voice, "If I had a functioning nose, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to smell it." "Oh no, no way," Tony's eyes grow wide in realization, "How are you even still alive, we destroyed you." "Or maybe I just wanted you to believe that you did" Ultron addresses, "but mistakes like this have a way of coming back to haunt you."

The others take fighting stances, preparing for whatever fight may come to them. "So you here to gloat?" Steve questions, "Take Revenge? End us like you tried to last time?" "Revenge," Ultron murmurs, "Such a generic response after being under for so long. I do, however, still plan to carry out my plans for extinction. But first," the suit snaps its fingers, "I need to tie up a few loose ends so that no one will get in my way again."
Suddenly an army of robots from the old Iron Legion break through the walls.

The team immediately retaliates, taking out Ultron bots left and right. You conjure up your powers, ready to do your part, but as quick as you powered up, they suddenly went away. "What?" you were thoroughly confused; this has never happened before.

More Iron Legion suits showed up as reinforcements, and the team soon became outnumbered. Even with Vision and Wanda helping out this time, it was starting to become too much for everyone to handle, "There's too many of them," Wanda begins to pant out, clearly exhausted. "Seriously, where are they all coming from?" Rhodey agrees, "I thought we had the entire Iron Legion dismantled after what went down in Sokovia." "Believe me I wish I knew," Tony mutters.

"You have no where to run, Stark," Ultron sneers as more of the robots begin to surround the team, "And now it's time to finish what I started years ago." "We are going to die," you say, trying to keep yourself from hyperventilating.
"No we're not," Tony takes his Iron Man arms and directs repulsion blasts towards the floor. Realizing what he was up to, Rhodey does the same with his arms as well, forming a circle around the team.

The floor below the team gave out and everyone fell through.

To be continued.