Practical Joke- James "Rhodey" Rhodes

I'm was watching Civil War yet again and got to the part where Stan Lee ask "Are you Tony Stank?" and of course Rhodey is never letting that go anytime soon. I also remembered  seeing  funny fan art on Pintrest where Rhodey went and actually replaced Stark with Stank at Stark towers. And thus this one-shot was born. Enjoy. Lot of humor in this one.
Another side note, I don't think Tony and Rhodey's friendship gets enough credit. Also this takes place after the Civil War incident (obviously)

"You sure you got this?" you asked as your friend Rhodey was attempting to walk again. "Yeah," Rhodey assures, using the wall for support, "Just need a few minutes to adjust," he pushed himself from the wall, but nearly buckled under. You caught him before he could collapse completely on the floor.

"You know you don't need to rush this," you tell him, "You did fall a good distance from the sky. These things take time and we don't have anywhere else to be anytime soon. You're lucky you didn't die." "Well it was dumb luck I survived the fall in the first place," Rhodey admitted. "I guess it was," you agreed, then decided to cheer him up a little, "Hey, why don't we go find good ole' Tony Stark; he's probably in the kitchen right now." "Well," Rhodey smirked, "Knowing Tony 'Stank' he's more likely to be in the bathroom taking care of business." you started to giggle. "Don't you mean he's doing his duty?" You and Rhodey burst out laughing at that joke.

"Seriously, are we ten years old?" Rhodey asked in between fits of laughter. "Hey, that old delivery man was the one who started it in the first place," you say back, "Well technically Steve started it since he actually wrote 'Tony Stank' on the package."

----------flashback-----------------------

"Are you Tony...Stank?" the old delivery man asked reading the package Tony received. "Yes this is, this is Tony Stank," Rhodey confirmed as you tried to contain yourself from laughter, "You're in the right place." He turns to Tony, "I'm never dropping that by the way. Table for one, Mr. Stank. Please, by the bathroom." Even Tony couldn't help but laugh a little, in spite of everything that had happen in the span of a few days.

------------------Flashback over---------------------------------

Ever since that day, you and Rhodey never EVER let Tony live that down. Nearly every time Tony came out of the bathroom, you and/or Rhodey were always there to tease him about it. Tony handled the jokes fairly well at first, but then it got to the point when he had to ask Friday if the two of you were nearby before he used the can, and then had to ask again in case he need to leave via the vents. One time he actually went through the vents but left his pants behind. He headed for the lounge in his boxers, which ended up becoming one more thing to add to your already stocked joke arsenal.

You and Rhodey walk to the kitchen; sure enough Tony was over by the stove making soup. "Good afternoon, Mr. Stank," you teased with a fancy accent, "Ruined any good porcelain thrones lately?" Rhodey started laughing like crazy. "Ha ha, very funny," Tony sighed, "You two going to over that anytime soon?" "Hmmmm," you think. "Probably not," Rhodey finished. "Better be soon," Tony says in a near scolding tone, "What has this world come to that a man has to leave the toilet through the vents in his own home?" "Just remember to put your pants back on next time," you smirk, and you and Rhodey break out laughing again. Tony sighed and focused on his soup, trying to ignore you two. "Oh, come on, Tony, we're just messing with you, you know that," Rhodey patted Tony's shoulder, "After everything we've been through..." "Yeah, I know," Tony sighed, "It's a good distraction. I get it." He takes a bowel of soup and heads for the table. "You should take that near the table we set up by the bathroom, Mr. Stank," Rhodey called out which made you giggle and Tony to groan, "I thought we were having a moment," he called back and focused more on eating.

 -----------------------Later that day------------------------

"Hey, (y/n)," you hear Rhodye's voice as you got up from the couch, pausing the movie you were watching on Hulu. "I hope this is good, Rhodes," you say sternly, "I was watching Phantom of the Opera, and I was at the 'Prima Donna' part." "You can be a Prima Donna later," Rhodey says, "I have something awesome in mind." "I'm listening," you say, somewhat intrigued. "How would you like to pull an April Fool's joke on Tony?" Rhodey asked. "April Fool's was two weeks ago," you say somewhat confused. "Which is why he's not going to suspect it," Rhodey explains, "Stark Tower has Stark plastered on top, in giant letters, for the whole city to see, right?" "Yeah." "What if, we took the 'R' in Stark, and replaced it with an 'N'?" "And it would spell Stank instead of Stark," you realized with a smirk, "That would be the cruelest, funniest thing we've done so far." "It would," Rhodey agreed, laughing.

"But, wait," you said suddenly, "How are we going to do this without Tony noticing?" "We would to do this tonight," Rhodey answered, "We would also have to sneak into Tony's room and place in some ear plugs so he doesn't wake up from all the noise." "Wow. We really are going all out with this one," you commented. "You have to admit it's my best idea yet," Rhodey grinned with pride.

Later that night, Rhodey's devious, yet hilarious plan was carried out. While Rhodey worked to get the ear plugs in the sleeping Tony, you got a head start replacing letters on top of Stark Tower. Soon it would be known as Stank Tower. As you kept working, you constantly had to keep yourself from laughing lest you you fall of the tower and meet a worse fate than Rhodey's.

Once it was over and done with, you turned the lights on, illuminating the letters for the whole city to see. You quickly got back inside. "The mission was a success, Colonel," you salute Rhodey. The two of you high five, then went straight to bed before anything else could happen.

-------------------The Next Morning--------------------------------

Tony was the first one up this morning...or so he thought. He didn't notice you and Rhodey were casually sitting on the couch, eating pancakes and watching Netflix. Tony went to fix himself a cup of coffee and walk outside on the balcony. To his surprise, when he looked down, there was a large number of people down below, even more so than usual. "Friday, what are these people doing here?" Tony asked. "It would seem something humorous has caught their attention," Friday answered.

Tony quickly went and put his Iron Man suit on. He flew off the balcony to take a good look. Sure enough, the sign on the tower no longer said 'Stark' but instead read 'Stank.' "Are you kidding me?!" he shouted. Down below, he could hear people laughing and taking pictures.

"RHODEY!!!! (Y/N)!!!!!!!" You and Rhodey heard Tony shouting from the balcony. "Uh oh, maybe we went too far this time," you said slightly panicked. "Friday, were are they? They're dead, when I find them!" you hear Tony taking to Friday. "Yeah, maybe we did cross the line," Rhodey agreed. "There you are!" Tony exclaimed, having the two of you on the couch. "Oh, come on Tony, it was just a practical joke," you said nervously, trying to calm him down. "Take it easy, Tony," Rhodey tried to reason as Tony had his hand aimed at the two of you, "Let's not do anything we'll both regret. We already done enough of that already."

The sound of Tony about to fire made both you and Rhodey run for dear life, fleeing to the vents. "Friday, please don't tell Tony where we are," you plead to the AI, "We would both like to keep our skins and other vital organs intact if you don't mind."

It took a few days for Tony to cool down. During that time, you and Rhodey changed the sign on the tower back to Stark. Although you never brought the incident to Tony ever again, it was still something to have a good laugh about between you and Rhodey.