Senior Citizen Discount- Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes

This is partially inspired by the headcannon shown below, and also partially inspired from my last trip to IHOP. I'm fairly sure we could all see this happening. No warnings really come to mind.

It was early in the morning, Sunday morning to be exact

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It was early in the morning, Sunday morning to be exact. For Steve and Bucky, this was their off day; no morning runs or routines in the gym. Even so, they were still used to getting up earlier then mostly everyone else in the Avengers facility.

"Hey Buck," Steve says as they met each other in the kitchen, "What do you say we go have breakfast at IHOP today?" "What made you think of IHOP?" Bucky asked, curiosity peaked. "Well they have senior citizen discounts for people over 55, and I think we qualify," was Steve's joyful answer. "You really think they'll believe for one second were over 55? Most people we run into don't even believe we're 100," Bucky says with skepticism. "Oh, come on, Buck," Steve insists, "it's worth a shot if it means enjoying a delicious meal at a reduced price." Persuaded, Bucky and Steve leave the facility and head for IHOP.
-------------------
Steve and Bucky drove to IHOP and ordered breakfast. They tried to order from the 55+ section of the menu. "Uh sir, this section of the menu is for senoir citizens," the waitress told Steve, "Meaning people 55 or older qualify for this discount."

"Uh, we are over 55 ma'am," Bucky countered, "We're over 65, 75, 85, and even 95." The waitress looked at them strangely then broke out laughing.
"There's no way you two are nearly one hundred years old," she said in between fits of laughter, "what, are you two suppose to be Captain America and the Winter Soldier?"

Steve and Bucky nodded in response, "Yeah right," she scoffs, "and Tony Stark is my father ." "We really are," Steve insists. "Listen honey, believe it or not, I see over 50 Captain Americas and Winter Soldiers walk into this restaurant everyday expecting discounts and some even have the balls to ask for free meals. May I say by the way, those are not impressive costumes." She gestures to a table filled with guys dressed as Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Steve and Bucky both stare at the table in shock at the thought people actually use their identities for free stuff. "We can prove it," Steve pulled out his driver's license and hand it to a waitress. "Anyone can fake these, sweetheart," she hands it back to Steve.

"Hang on, I can prove it," Bucky says, getting out his phone, making a call.
---------------
You were still sleeping when you heard your phone ring. It rang a good few times before you reluctantly turned around and picked it up from the bedside table, "Hello? What do you want? And this better be important," you answer sleepily.

"(Y/n)," You hear Bucky's voice from the other end. "We need you to join us at IHOP right now," he tells you. "Do you have any idea what time it is?" You ask somewhat grumpily, laying back on the pillow. "I know," he says, "but Stevie and I want to order something from the 55+ section a of the menu but the waitress doesn't believe we are who we say we are."

"Why go through all this trouble for a simple discount, just order an omelet or something from the regular menu." "It's about the principle," Bucky explains, "If you can come over her and verify that we are the real deal, breakfast is on us." It was an offer you couldn't refuse so you pulled yourself out of bed, got dressed, and headed for IHOP.

Once you got there you found the two super soldiers and approached their waitress. "Excuse me ma'am," you say to her. The waitress looked at you in shock as if she recognized you, "Hey your that Avenger uh (y/s/n)," she said with excitement. You nodded and  went on to explain that Steve and Bucky were the real deal.

"So can we get that discount now?" Bucky asked with a grin. "Oh hell with the discount, your meals are on the house," the waitress replied, "that includes you too," she nods to you. You joined Steve and Bucky, not about to pass up on a free meal.

After breakfast, the three of you head back to the compound. You take notice of the look on Bucky's face. "What's wrong Buck?" you ask, "I thought you'd be happy about getting a free meal." "We were suppose to get the senior discount, that was the whole point of going," Bucky pouts.

"Awe come on Buck," Steve puts a hand on Bucky's shoulder, "Maybe they'll give us the discount next time." "Just don't expect me to wake super early next time you need someone to verify your authenticity," you interject making both super soldiers chuckle.