Forgotten Memory-Bruce Banner

A request from K8RoKo who wanted a one-shot where the reader receives an invitation to her high school reunion, but is reluctant to go because of something that almost happened in high school, if it wasn't for a certain Avenger that saved her then. Requestee didn't specify which so I took this opportunity to make this my very first Bruce one-shot.

bit angsty (not really my strong suit), mentions of an almost rape, and maybe some fluff. Enjoy.

"Just a few more pages," you insist to yourself as you attempt to type what was left of your doctoral dissertation. You've been working hard that last several months with little sleep and lots of energy drinks, hoping your research would be enough to earn your second PhD. 

"(y/n)?" you hear a familiar voice as a concerned Bruce Banner entered the lab. Bruce peaks in to spot you typing on your computer. This gave rise for a concern seeing that the last time he saw you sitting there was nearly fourteen hours ago. "Have you been at the computer all night?" he inquires. "Depends what time is it?" you ask back. "Almost eleven in the morning," he answers. "Than yes, I've been here all night."

"Okay," Bruce places a hand on your back so as to get you to stand up, "I think you need to get some shut eye." "I'll sleep later," you insist, "The dissertation is due in a week, I need to get this done." "A week is plenty of time, you've been working hard as it is," Bruce insists back, "Look, just lay down for a few hours, get a look at that dissertation with fresh eyes."

You knew Bruce was right so you concede and head straight for bed.

For as long as you could remember, since you joined the team, Bruce was the one who mainly cared for your well-being. Although, there was a time when he did more than that, but for some reason, Bruce didn't seem to remember; you had dropped subtle hints about that memory a couple times, but he never caught on. Even if he lost that memory, it didn't stop him from becoming one of your closest friends.

Anyway, while you were getting some much needed sleep, anyone in the facility that wasn't currently on any mission were relaxing in the kitchen and enjoying brunch Vision had spent the better half of the morning mastering.

"Mail call, guys," Tony announces as he walks in with today's mail. "Anything interesting?" Natasha asks not fully interested seeing how all the facility got these days was bills and junk mail. "Just the usual," was Tony's casual reply as he goes through the mail, "Bills, bills, junk mail, oh...looks like Barton has been summoned for jury duty."

Some of the others went 'oooh' at that announcement. "I thought I told Fury to fix that the moment I went off the grid with Laura," he murmurs, "no matter, if I can weasel my way out of a hostage situation back in Budapest, I'm sure I can find a way to avoid jury duty."

Tony rolls his eyes as he checks the last letter in his hand, "Oh, looks like this one is addressed to (y/n)." Now that statement peaked an even bigger interest from the team. "Who's it from?" Sam asks curiously. "Only one way to find out," Tony replies as he proceeds to tear open the envelope. "Tony, that's (y/n)'s, you just can't snoop through her mail," Steve scolds. "Hey, the letter may be for (y/n), but it's my address on this envelope," Tony points out, "And unless her or the rest of you moochers decide to pay rent to live here, I have just as much right to read what people send to any of you."

"Well since we're already possibly violating several federal laws just from opening the envelop we might as well examine the contents," Pietro speeds up next to Tony so he could read the letter. "Dear (y/n) (y/l/n)," Tony reads, "You are cordially invited to attend a reunion of the [high school] graduating class of [year]. The party starts at 6 pm. Refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP."