Hold On-Loki

A request by HistoricalMusical1

The reader is sorta a therapist for the Avengers, and she helps Loki with his self-worth problems and such, but Loki realizes she's been keeping some stuff in and hasn't gotten any help for herself.

Mentions of self-harm and suicide and one swear word.

"(y/n)?" Loki knocks on the bathroom door. He volunteered to check up on you as you seem to have trapped in there all morning. The team was concerned for you well-being. Loki was the most concerned as he couldn't imagine where he would be if something did happen to you.

"(y/n), can you please come out, we're all worried about you. (y/n)?"

Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone

"(y/n), open up this isn't funny." Loki slightly demands. He presses his ear against the door, but hears nothing, but the slightest sound of water leaking from the faucet. The Asgardian quickly uses his magic to blast the door down. The sight before him only confirmed his worst fears.

You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming "Please don't leave me"

There you were lying on the floor, your wrists red with blood like they've been slashed. Your arms were littered with similar scars, but look fainted as to indicate this wasn't the first time you've done this to yourself.
"(y/n)!" Loki rushes to your side, holding your unconscious self in his arms. He tries to shake you awake, "Please don't leave me," he begs, "I...we still need you."

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

Loki finds several small towels and places them around your wrists to stop the bleeding.

"Please!" he shouts across the hall, "Someone get help!"

---------Flashback-----------

"So, Loki, right?" you ask as you sit down on the arm chair, Loki sitting opposite you on the couch, and looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here.
As the team's therapist, part of your job was to make sure everyone on the team take care of their mental well-being and extra terrestrial beings like Loki were no exception.

"This is pointless," he grumbles, "I see no reason why I need to be here. I have absolutely wrong with me. Despite what the others think, I am perfectly sane." "I'm not here to evaluate your sanity, Loki, I just want to make sure you're taking care of yourself," you explain, "Mental health is important for most sentient beings." "Pfft," Loki scoffs.

"...Sometimes the team will come to me when they just want to talk," you tell him, "everyone always has something to get off their chest or just plain need want to talk about stuff. Maybe there's something you've been wanting to tell someone. Anything you tell me here is 100% confidential."

--------------End of Flashback----------

A long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'
Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones

It didn't take long for the team to respond and come to your aid.
The moment they see your limp body in Loki's arms, and the slash marks on your wrist, you were quickly whisked to the infirmary and placed on various tubes to keep your vitals up. It wouldn't be enough to keep you alive, but enough to buy time to get you to an actual hospital for proper treatment and a blood transfusion.