The Teenage Years- Scott Lang

Another Endgame inspired one-shot with Ant-man. Since by the time Scott made it out of the quantum realm after being stuck for five years, he reunites with Cassie who is a teenager by then. And being a teen girl, I imagine Cassie would start taking interest in certain things that Scott isn't ready for.

The reader Scott's girlfriend who didn't get snapped and checked in on Cassie occasionally during that five year period.

"Hey, Cass," Scott calls out from the top floor of his house, running down the stairs. He was half-expecting his daughter to be on the couch watching TV, but instead he sees her getting her shoes on and her purse too. "What, what's going on here?" he asks. "Oh hey, dad," Cassie greets, "I was about to go hang out with my friends." "Hang out where exactly?" Scott frowns. "Just where we usually hang out," Cassie shrugs. "That's not saying a lot," Scott says. "By the usual she means the outlet mall," you say, "Don't worry, Scott, it's nothing Cass here hasn't done before." You get Cassie her coat, "You know the drill right, sweetie?" "I'll be back before ten tonight," she assures. "You better," you tell her, "You know how your mom feels about you breaking curfew."

"Wait, wait, wait," Scott quips in, "When exactly did all this start?" "When you were gone," Cassie tells him, "Don't worry, dad, I'll be careful, I always am." "Don't you want to stay here a bit first?" Scott suggests, "I found these new magic tricks online I wanted to show you." "Oh," Cassie responds, not wanting to hurt her dad's feelings, but still wanted to do what teenage girls her age want to do, "Maybe some other time." "Okay," Scott nods, "You know you used to like this stuff before," he adds as she walks out the door. "When I was eight," Cassie tells him, "I was still growing up the last five years you know."
"be safe," Scott says, though he wasn't sure she heard him as the door closed.

When Scott finally made it out of the quantum realm, and after helping the Avengers stop Thanos, Scott went back home to make up for the time he lost with his daughter. Although Cassie wanted to make up the lost time as well in the beginning, it was becoming more apparent that she wanted to do other things. Scott was initially hurt by this at first, but you had to explain that this was normal for a girl Cassie's age, to want to break away from the parents and do her own thing. She's a teenager now, and this was something Scott was having a hard time accepting; granted he did lose five years watching her grow up and he was trying to make up to her for that, but it's not easy when one's daughter is at that age where different things are starting to interest hers like teen magazines and hanging out with friends after school.

There were some other things Cassie had been taking an interest in lately, but you had yet to tell Scott about that. When the man was gone, you took it upon yourself to check in on Cassie when she stayed with her mother and step-father; she was distraught most of the time, having believed her father was one of the victims of the snap, so she needed all the comfort and support she could get (which wasn't easy since being Scott's girlfriend, you were just as devastated). During that time you got to watch Cassie go through the awkward stages of puberty, and when she couldn't find her mom when she needed someone to talk to about certain things you were her next confidante. Cassie actually told you things she wouldn't say to her parents, like this boy she was dating recently.

"You doing alright?" you ask Scott in the present, who was still staring at the door. "Yeah, I guess so," he nods, "*sighs* I'm trying, you know. Trying to do everything I can to make up for Cassie believing I was dusted the whole time, scaring her, making her think I was dead. If I could go back in time again, I'd try to do things differently. I'd either postpone going into the quantum realm before the snap, or I'd go into the quantum realm earlier and make sure I get out right before the snap." "What about going back in time to try and save your marriage?" you suggest in a jokingly manner. "...Nah," Scott shrugs, "Maggie seems happier right now...and if she didn't file for divorce I wouldn't be with you." "Aww, that's probably the sweetest thing any guy has told me," you joke again.