The Real Vikings- Thor

This is mostly inspired from the History Channel series Vikings. The reader loves this show and introduces it to Thor and he starts pointing what on the show is and isn't historically accurate. I know the series is based on a legend but let's just say for all intensive purposes it was all true in MCU. For those of you not familiar  with Viking History or the show itself a spoiler alert may be in order.

It was a quiet Thursday night at home and you gotten back from work as quickly as you could so you wouldn't have to wait till the next day online to catch the newest episode of your favorite show on the History Channel Vikings. You had just sat down two minutes before the show was about to start when your boyfriend Thor walks into the living room. "Your back sooner than I was expecting," you say getting up to kiss him. Thor had been away in Asgard for some time and he was suppose to come back next week.

"The quarrel with the frost giants was disputed far sooner than anticipated," he kissed you back right which was right when you heard the theme song play, "Ooh show's about to start," you giggle excitedly as you sit back down. "What manner of entertainment are we partaking of tonight, love?" Thor asks as he sits down next to you. "It's called Vikings," you tell him as the excitement starts to well up inside. "I do not believe I have heard of this show before, (y/n)." "It's on the History Channel," you explain, "So far it's been chronicling the life of a Viking by the name of Ragnar Lothbrok." Thor scoffs at that, "You knew him?" you ask. "Know him, I fought beside him, all those centuries ago," was Thor's response, "He was a skilled warrior for a mortal, there was no denying that; however, the man for the longest time had claimed to be a descendant of Odin. My father never took that claim all too well as rumors started to spread in Asgard because of it." "Wait a second, you're saying Ragnar Lothbrok was real?" you say skeptically. "You didn't think he was real?" Thor asks back, "Well not really but this is all based on a legend." "So was I at one point." You take a few seconds to process those words. "Alright you have a point there. Still it is a pretty good show," you say, "You know what I can watch this episode online tomorrow. Today I'll introduce to you to the show on Hulu."    

Once on Hulu, you locate the show and start with the first episode. You watch with much enthusiasm often looking away from the screen to see Thor's reaction; the times you did look at him you couldn't quite interpret what he was thinking. Did he think the show was good, did he think it was bad; you couldn't tell.

Once the first episode ends you look excitedly to Thor, "So what did you think? Was it good?" you start ranting, "Of course it was good. It's amazing and it's like you're actually in that time period. I bet it brought back a good memory or two." "I have to admit it wasn't at all what I was expecting," Thor confesses to you, "It was indeed as close to accurate to the real story as one could get it. However there are a few differences." "Example?" you ask , "Well one example the women warriors we're not actually called 'shield maidens' but they were well respected than most would believe and they had autonomy; many of the ones I met would fight battles alongside their husbands and lovers at any given opportunity." "Anything else?" "Yes the man called Floki, he was a lot crazier than what they portray him to be on the television." "Ooh really?" your ears perk up to that, "Please, please, please tell me more," "That wasn't his original name; I never asked what it was before that; all I know was that he changed it after several encounters he had with my brother." "Maybe the director thought he had tone down his craziness so he wouldn't steal the show," you say with humor in your tone. "Overall, it is incredible and it did bring back a few good memories."

"Oh, good," you say, "Maybe we can watch the next episode than." You start the second episode, "I think you'll like this one, Ragnar leads a group of men West to make raids on England. Little does he know he's about to start a bromance with a certain monk." "He did?" Thor asks. "Oh um spoiler alert," you reply, "you didn't know?" "No, in fact I only knew Ragnar long before he married and had children. I hadn't returned back to Midgard since then." "Oh, well, in that case we could think of this as a recap of how his life turned out after you parted ways and returned to Asgard." you try to look at this positively.

After that day it didn't take long for Thor to catch-up to the present on the newest episode. By than he had came by again the following Thursday so you and him could watch the newest episode on the History Channel.  

If you have taken an interest in watching the show you can watch it either on Hulu or Amazon prime.