Unexpected Jealousy- Stephan Strange

I got a request from Kiddxreader  wanted a jealous Dr. Strange one-shot. Personally he doesn't really strike me as the jealous type but that's what gave me the idea for this one-shot; a sort of "it's always the quiet ones" thing if you will.

To summarize, the reader is sick of Stephan not giving her enough of his time and affection so she forms a plan to get him jealous.

Enjoy. Oh and the reader is a doctor in this one.

"My leg!" the injured patient cried out as he is escorted into the operating room, "My leg." "Just relax sir," the nurse reassures the patient, "the surgeon on this case is top of her class. You're in good hands." "I'm still scared," the patient honestly admits. "Dr. (y/l/n) is one of the best surgeons we have on staff, maybe even more so then when Dr. Strange was employed here," the nurse comments.
Once the patient was under, you got to work right quick. It didn't take too long as it was really only a fractured femur, all routine really.

That was your last case for the day. Right now you were looking forward to getting home and spending some quality time with a certain sorcerer who also happened to be your boyfriend.

-----------------

"Stephan, I'm home," you call out as you enter your shared apartment. No answer, "Stephan?" You look around, but no one appeared to be home. You sighed, figuring either Stephan forgot the two of you had date night tonight or something came up concerning his sorcerer supreme duties...as usual.

Sure enough you spot a note on the kitchen counter. You read the note to see what hackneyed excuse did your boyfriend have to offer this time:

The world in trouble again, need to take a rain check on that date night. I promise we'll figure out another night to spend some quality together. You understand of course.

Dr. S.S.

You sigh once more; it's like the man wasn't even trying to explain anything this time. You knew dating the one and only Dr. Stephan Strange would have it's own challenges, especially since he's a superhero. To be fair, dating Stephan wasn't easy when the two were working together as surgeons, but lately it felt like he was even less committed to this relationship now more then ever. You knew he was busy with his new set of duties and all, and yes you understand, but it just was if he wasn't even interested in making time for the two of you.
To say you were at the end of your rope would be a complete understatement; what was the point of being in a relationship if both parties were not fully committed to each other?

----------Two Hours Later---------

"Sorry I'm late for our date, honey," you hear your boyfriend's voice as he enters the apartment; you on the other hand had already eaten dinner and was sitting on the couch watching TV with a pint of ice cream in hand, "I take it you received my note."

"Uh huh," you deadpan, "saving the world or some other crap like that." "I beg your pardon, (y/n), but I am doing good work here," Stephan objects, "it's not my fault if things come up right when we have other plans, but maybe you haven't noticed we're talking about the greater good." "Greater good?" you raise your voice, "Greater good?! Don't you talk to me about greater good when the greatest good you ever had is standing right in front of you, Stephan Strange! We planned this dinner for weeks and first signs of trouble you drop everything and leave me in the dust, it's like you don't even care anymore!" "That's not my fault!" Stephan defends. "Is it?" you challenge, "There are others who can handle what you do on a regular basis, it wouldn't kill you or anyone else to take some time off and spend some time with me for one!"
You take notice of the way the man was taken aback by your outburst, "You know what, forget it," you head for your room and come out five minutes later, an overnight bag in hand, "Where are you going?" Stephan questions. "Finding another place to stay tonight," you answer, "I just can't be around you right now."