Haunted Compound Part 1

The time has come to write up a special Halloween one-shot. This will be a two part series in which the Avengers convert the compound into a haunted house for the trick-or-treaters. It seems harmless fun at first but a little spell from Loki gone wrong makes everything turn real.

(In scary voice): Prepare to be horrified mwah-hahahaha!

"Oh, which one should I go for?" you wonder as you frantically search for the perfect costume to wear this Halloween. Today was the day and with the back-to-back missions the last couple weeks, you didn't have time until now to buy a costume. "let's see," you take costumes that were available, "Sexy nurse or..." you check the other one, "Sexy cop." You put them back and turn to see a (y/s/n) costume. "Huh," you laugh a little, inspecting the outfit, "they got the sleeves all wrong." Another outfit catches your eye and lo and behold, was the Wonder Woman costume, "Hello beautiful," you say taking the costume of the rack, "You're coming home with me."

------------------------

Once you got back to the Avengers compound, you see some of the others had gotten a head start decorating the whole place for later this evening. While Tony usually hosted the annual adult Halloween parties here, he decided to do something different and turn the place into a haunted house, or more accurately, a haunted compound; a little something for the kids while the parents could have some fun at the party in another part of the compound.

"Hey, everyone, I'm back," you called out as you entered the facility. Right as you entered the kitchen, a baseball bat with wire wrapped around it nearly whacked you on the head; luckily you dodged it. "What the hell?" you turn around to see Tony dressed as Negan from The Walking Dead . "Taking it like a champ," Tony mimics in Negan's voice. "You almost killed me, Tony," you scold. "Oh, relax, (y/n), the wire's not even real, see?" he places his hand on Lucille to demonstrate.

"I thought you and Pepper were going to do couple costumes or something like that," you say. "Oh, pfft," Tony scoffs, "We did that last year. Besides when am I ever gonna get the opportunity to carry this around?" he swings Lucille around. You roll your eyes and prepare a little snack to eat. "So how goes the haunted compound set up?" you ask.

"Everything's all going according to plan," Steve quips in as he and Thor enter the kitchen. "Indeed," Thor adds in, "By the end of the night, the children will, as you mortals say, have their pants scared off by the horrors that await this establishment." "You're not gonna scare them too much are you?" you ask slightly concerned, "I know that's what we're suppose to do on Halloween but we don't want to scar them into therapy for the rest of their lives." "Kids these days are not as easily scared as they used to be," Steve assures, "it'll take a whole lot more then what have placed to scar them."

"By the way, (y/n), you'll be the one leading the kids through the haunted compound," Tony informs you. "But I wanted to go to the party," you whine slightly. "Sorry, kid, you weren't there to draw straws, so that makes you the winner," Steve explains. "Uh, but...," you stutter, "I was constant missions." you pout a little. "Oh don't tell me you're scared of the dark and fake props and such," Tony smirks. "What, me? pfft," you scoff, "I'm an Avenger, I don't scare easy." You turn and saw a spider on your shoulder. You scream and fling it off. The guys all laugh while a smug Pietro came up to you with the fake spider you flung off, that he placed on your shoulder. "Ha ha, very funny," you sarcastically reply, "You don't scare easily, huh?" Steve laughs. "Yeah sure, go ahead, laugh at my expense," you deadpan, "Just wait, ya'll will get what's coming to you. Every dog has his day." with that, you exit the kitchen.

While you storm off, and simultaneously plotting your revenge, you catch a glimpse of the decorations some of the team was putting into place. "Wow, you guys are really going all out," you say as you observe the cob webs, ghosts, zombies, and everything in between. "This is only the first part," Clint tells you, "The rest is back there," he nods towards the hallways. You take one good look, and you felt somewhat unsettled, "Yeah that won't scar the kids one bit," you mutter. "Oh, rest assured, (y/n) it's all harmless fun," Loki chuckles at your expressions, "it will, however, become even more real later in the evening." he pulls out a vial. "Please tell me that's not poison," you say somewhat nervously. "Don't be ridiculous," Loki scoffs, "It's just meant to bring these sordid decorations to life, but do not worry," he pulls out another vial, "This will act as a barrier to shield the children from harm."