A Family Reunited- Tony Stark

This was requested by Loki__is__hot a one-shot where the reader is Tony's daughter who ran away and got kidnapped by HYDRA and escaped and teamed up with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and dates and marries Peter Quill and read the rest to find out what happens next.

I thought about doing a little something unconventional where I write this story in the Avengers' one-shot book that centers around Tony, and I'll write the same one-shot but centers around Star Lord in the Guardians of the Galaxy one-shot book (that I haven't created yet but this story is what I needed to kick-start said book.).

Some angst, and the reader has the ability to channel electricity.

(y/s/n): your son's name.

"Sir, you have a visitor at the front door," Friday informs Tony as he goes over some files from a previous mission. Tony checks the monitor to see the one person he didn't want to see at the moment. "Yeah, tell him I'm not here." "I know you're home now, Stark," Nick Fury speaks to the camera at the front door, "And I'll stand here all night if I have to, I don't have anything to do at the moment." Tony sighs in annoyedly, knowing this man wasn't going to leave him alone anytime soon, "Let him in," Tony reluctantly informs the AI.

"Okay, let's get this over with," Tony sarcastically exasperates as Fury walks in, "You need something from me that involves something questionable but is for the greater good and you're gonna get it outta me one way or another." "You really think you know me so well, don't you, Stark?" Fury deadpans, "just so you know, you've yet to scratch the surface and it would at least half a century for you to figure it out. But that's not important right now. Last night, a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D agents were sent to the Arctic to investigate a HYDRA operation. Thirty of my best men went in..." he places a file on Tony's desk, "Only three came back to tell the tale."

"And how does this involve me exactly?" Tony seemed confused. "Open the file to find out," Fury answers. Doing so, some pictures were revealed, a couple that showing a figure in the shadows that the billionaire couldn't quite make out. "What are these?" "The reason why so many of my agents were killed during that mission," Fury answers, handing Tony another picture, "This was the last one taken before this agent was put in a coma."

Tony's eyes turn wide in shock as he instantly recognized who it was, "How is this even possible?"  

---------The Past-------------------

You were at the bus station, digging for cash out of your bag in hopes of paying for a bus ticket that would take you far away from home and to a new life. Being the daughter and heiress to a large and powerful corporation was not as easy or glamorous as most people would make it out to be, especially when the fortune you were meant to inherit belonged to that of the Stark family.

Yes you are a Stark, and your father was the one and only Tony Stark. But after being under your father's shadow pretty much your whole life with his eccentric, bachelor lifestyle, and acting more of a friend than an actual father to you, you in your infinite teenage wisdom had enough of his partying ways and decided to hit the road to make something of yourself. 

You board the bus, waiting to begin a new life as it leaves the station. You put on your headphones and listen to some music. You look outside and noticed a dark figure from the top of a building. You squint a little, thinking maybe you were seeing things, but said figure seemed to vanish. You shrug it off and resume listening to your music, unaware that the same mysterious figure was lurking in the shadows with a mission in mind.

-----------The Present----------------

Fury gave him some time to process this new information, but at this moment, Tony felt no amount of time would be enough to wrap his head around it all. This whole time, he thought you were dead. You run off on him when you were only fifteen; he spent a considerable amount of his fortune hiring the best P.I.s to find you but they never found a single trace of you. All these years later, Tony gave up any chance of finding you again, he even blamed himself for you running away in the first place.
Howard Stark was never exactly up and running for the Parent of the Year award, and Tony had sworn he wouldn't raise his own kid that way, but at least his own father would've found his son if Tony ever thought about running away. It was only then did the billionaire realize  how badly the cycle of neglect had repeated itself, and he didn't notice until it was too late. It's also why Tony tried making up for his failure as a parent in kids like Peter Parker.