Training the Next Generation Part 1

I really wanted to do a one-shot of the Young Avengers. I know they're not part of the MCU (not yet anyway, fingers crossed), but I wondered what it be like if they were trained by the Avengers, in this case being the reader.
Also I thought I'd take a page from Kakashi from Naruto as the inspirations for the way the reader trains the new team.

Also the reader has fast reflexes, super strength, and the ability to jump high.

"You sure it's a good idea?" Tony inquires of Steve. "What makes you even ask that?" Steve asks back. "Look (y/n) is one of the best on the team, there's no doubt about that," Tony explains, "she's been a great addition since she joined the team from start to finish. But you really think she's ready to teach these kids?"
"Believe me, she's more than ready," Steve assures, "I think she can challenge the new team in ways the rest of us couldn't. If anyone can challenge these kids to test their limits it's (y/n)."

------Meanwhile------

"Ugh, how much longer do we have to stand around and wait?" Tommy Shepard exasperates. "Calm down, Speed," Eli Bradly interjects, "So our teacher is running late, it happens." "It's been thirty minutes!" Tommy exclaims, "Aren't students allowed to leave after the first fifteen minutes or something like that?" "Maybe it's some sort of test," Cassie Lang suggests, "Maybe testing our patience or endurance or something like that." "Oh she's testing our patience alright," Kate Bishop grumbles.

"Hey, we could be here till tomorrow morning, I'll wait however long it takes to meet the one and only (y/s/n)," Billy Kaplan happily quips in. "As will I," Teddy Altman agrees. "I don't care how big a deal this (y/s/n), keeping us waiting like this is just plain rude," Kate scoffs. "Well, since it looks like she won't be showing up anytime soon, I'm gonna make a quick run for sushi," Tommy ups and runs for the nearest sushi restaurant. 

"Pfft, watch the moment he leaves she'll come walking through the front door," America Chavez scoffs. "Does it really matter, he'll back two minutes tops," Kate points out.

Suddenly smoke came outta nowhere. "Uh, are we under attack?" Cassie asks confused. "Maybe it's another test," Kate hopefully quips.

Suddenly the smoke clears and standing right in front of the Young Avengers was you. "Hello, sorry to keep you guys waiting," you apologize, "by the way, was that too much? I though it was at first, but I thought it leave a sizable impression on you kids. After all, the first impressions are always important."

In all honesty, you were a little nervous; it was your first time teaching young superheros after all. But so far, they seemed impressed...especially the tall blonde boy with ear piercings and the angsty looking boy with the silver headband and red cloak right next to him. The others however, seemed somewhat harder to decipher, but having read their reports from the Avengers, you had general idea of what to expect.

"So then allow me to introduce myself." "Oh no introduction necessary " Billy assures, "You're (y/n) (y/l/n)...the one and only (y/s/n)." "You sound like a fan." "Oh, believe me, this nerd sure is," Teddy quips in, "and so am I. We just love the way you use your powers; the way you jump high and are able to react in the blink of eye." "So she can jump high, big deal," America rolls her eyes, "I can create star portals, you chicos didn't seem THAT impressed."

"I'm guessing you're Miss America, or America Chavez as was given to you by your mothers." you turn your gaze to Chavez who seemed taken aback. "yeah I know you who are. I've read the reports from the Avengers. I know your superpowers, aliases  and all that other good stuff." You turn to Cassie, "you're Cassie Lang aka Stature. I was good friends with your father, he would be proud to see you fighting with the Avengers." You turn to Kate, "You're Kate Bishop, the current Hawkeye. The old Hawkeye had more than an earful to say about you," Kate seemed to go pale, "Ease up, Bishop they're all good things...mostly."
You turn to Eli, "Eli Bradly, or Patriot...I read the old reports about your grandfather; it's my understanding he was the original Captain America. I'm sure he would be proud to see you carry on his legacy. And you two," you turn to Teddy and Billy, "Theodore Altman and William Kaplan. Hulking and Wiccan. The skrull/kree half breed and the son of the Scarlet Witch....and based on the reports you're apparently the Young Avengers resident fanboys as well." The two boys seem to blush a little at that.
You look around, "It was also my understanding there was another son of the Scarlet Witch, with super speed like Quicksilver's, that's suppose to present. Where is Thomas Shepard?"

Right on cue, Tommy runs at top speed right through the door and rams right into you. "Hey guys, I'm back," the young speedster greets jovially, "Did I miss anything?" "Well for one thing you may or may not have killed our teacher the way you ran into her," Kate nods towards where you fell. "So much for quick reflexes," America sarcastically remarks.

"Nice of you to join us, Speed," you retort, getting back up, "Just so you know, as long as you're under my tutelage, I will expect you to show up for training on time. It doesn't matter how fast or faster you are than your uncle, I won't tolerate tardiness of any kind." "Says the woman that kept us waiting for a good thirty minutes," Eli whispers to the team.

"Well I honestly don't see why we need training in the first place," Tommy retorts, much to the shock of the team, "Ooh, never took Shepard as someone having a death wish," Kate whispers. You glare slightly at the young speedster, "You really you don't need training, eh?" "No offense to anyone else on this team, but I'm at the top of my game. Not to mention we've made this far as a team," Tommy argues.  "Pfft, only reason you all made this far is cause you got lucky," you retort back, "I've read the reports of your first and last missions. You all have raw potential, there's no doubt about that. But each one of you is still lacking in certain areas; something I hope to rectify with the proper training." "I kinda agree on speedy here," America speaks up, "Our powers are significantly different from yours, and frankly I don't see what you or anyone else on the Avengers could possibly have to offer us."

"Do you speak for the rest of your fellow teammates, Miss Chavez?" you inquire, looking at the others, who seemed to be in slight agreement with both Tommy and America. "Okay then, very well," you concede, "You think your above training, then by all means, feel free to walk out that door...unless you think you're up to the challenge." "What sort of challenge?" Cassie frowns.

In that moment, you pull out six small flags from your pockets, "I'd call this a test, but since this sort of thing is obviously below your pay grade," you say that part sarcastically, "You might think of it as a game." "Like capture the flag?" Eli asks. "In a way," you nod, "the goal of this game is simple: all you gotta do is take one of these flags from me, that's all there is to it." "You have exactly till high noon tomorrow to take them from me. If you succeed, you pass and you'll receive access to the Avengers compound, within limitations of course given your status as the Young Avengers," you continue, "if you fail you'll have no access whatsoever and you'll miss lunch," you  nod towards the posts in the training area, "You'll be tied to those posts and watch while I eat my lunch. One more thing. This game is meant to simulate a real life mission, so you will you use whatever weapons or powers you have at your disposal...if you do not come at me with the intent to kill, I can assure you that you will not succeed."

"I can't use my powers on you, (y/s/n), that's far too dangerous," Billy insists. "Rest assure, Kaplan, I'm more than capable of handling what any of you can dish out," you reassure the reluctant young magic wielder. "Pfft, this'll be easy," Tommy scoffs, "You couldn't dodge me at top speed earlier, so this'll be a walk in the park..in fact," he makes ready to run towards you, "Forget about noon tomorrow, I'll be able to snatch all six of em in less than three seconds."

At once Tommy charges at you at full speed, fully expecting to have all six flags in his hands.

Instead, remarkably and unexpected, your reflexes kick in, and you get behind the speedster, griping both his arms behind his back.

To say the rest of the young team was in shock and awe would be an understatement.

Part 2 coming soon.