Avengers Radio- Part 2

Here's Part 2 of the radio mini-series.

Back at your apartment, the day before the meeting, you were getting papers together when you here a tap on your window. You open it to see Peter Parker on the fire escape. "Peter what brings you here?" "Well," he begins shyly, "I heard you and the other Avengers were going live on the radio next week and I uh I was wondering if I could be a part of it. I know I'm not technically part of the team but it sounded like fun.

"Oh Peter," you say, "You're just as part of the team as anyone else. You know what why don't you come inside and help get the papers together. I'm sure I can squeeze you in for one segment." "Thanks, (y/n), but I don't want to intrude," Peter starts to leave, "I have Swiss miss hot chocolate," you encourage. Peter stops, "does it come with mini marshmallows?" "Of course," you grin. "Well I guess I could stay for a few minutes," Peter gives in and comes inside while you prepare two cups of hot chocolate.

Peter looks over the papers containing ideas for segments for the radio. "That's a lot of radio based segments," Peter observes, "Are they all going to be on the radio?" "Not all of them," you reply sitting down, handing Peter his cup of hot chocolate, "I have to go over which ones we can legally cover, which ones will appeal to the listeners, and in this one case," you look on a segment, "one that won't result in the listeners showing up at the Avengers facility with torches and pitch forks." You spent the rest of the afternoon looking over the segment ideas with Peter.

The next day at the Avengers facility, you and the team gather in the conference room. "Okay everyone," you state taking your seat. "So I just finished getting the schedule together for the radio next week. I'm sorry to say not everyone's ideas were incorporated so, Thor, your idea for a naming one of the nine realms won't make the cut." "I thought it would give mortal listeners a chance to educate themselves on the realms outside of Midgard," Thor states. "Yes, but we can't show pictures on the radio to the listeners because they can't see what we're doing in the station, only hear. Do you even know how radios work?" "Apologizes, (y/n), I must have confused radio with television," Thor replies. "So Thor won't be going on the radio, oh happy day," Tony exclaims. "Yes I will Man of Iron," Thor retorts, "It's a little something I'd like to call 'an hour of Thor talking,' and it will most certainly be the finest hour on the radio."

  "Don't peak too soon, Thor," you chide in. "Next is 'Debate This' with Tony Stark. Oh dear Lord," you mumble to yourself, "Tony what exactly is the subject you will be debating?" "Is it always wrong to stare at a woman's fine ass?" The other team members just stare at him with expectant looks on their faces. "Right," you finally speak up, "And to be clear, you found someone to speak on BOTH sides of that argument?" "He certainly has," you heard from both from Pietro Maximoff with a smile on his face and Natasha Romanoff with a scowl on hers. "Yeah, that's not gonna end well for either side," you say to yourself.

 "Hey what about my segment idea?" Sam asks, "I don't see it in the schedule." "Uh well a segment like 'pick on the metal arm super soldier' would have likely send the wrong message." That caused Bucky to grin at Sam, "That is also the case for, 'pick on the flying bird man,' Barnes," That made Bucky hang his head in defeat. "How is it my idea would send the wrong message but Stark's idea won't?" Sam asks. "Hey, all Tony needed was to find people to speak on both sides of the argument. Besides," you lean in to whisper to Sam, "I don't think you'll want to be turned loose to the dogs like Tony probably will," the thought of that made Sam smirk. "If you want to pick on someone so bad though, there will be one night where I'll draw from the hat and that unfortunate person will be selected for the Avengers celebrity roast." That made everyone in the room grin and groan at the same time. "Hey it was Steve's idea believe it or not." Everyone turns to Steve, "How is it any different from what we do pretty much everyday?" Steve defends.  

   "Oh look, here's an interesting one," Steve changes the subject, "King of Wakanda T'challa discusses the life and times of himself with Hawkeye and Black Widow followed by a similar discussion of billionaire Tony Stark with Ant-man and friendly neighborhood Spider-man." "You got Parker into a segment?" Tony asks. "Well he really wanted to be a part of all this," you tell them, "It's kind of hard to resist those puppy dogs eyes." That made Tony roll his eyes. "For the last night on the radio," you continue, "I thought we could finish the week with the biannual Avengers quiz." That made some of the Avengers groan. "I know, I know," you say, "I'm aware since we started this three years ago, Tony has won every time but maybe this time we could shake things up and some genius will emerge that doesn't have an AI to use to his advantage." "I got this," Scott chides in, "I spent all week going over all the questions and answers from the last quiz so this time I can get them right." "And what happens if the questions are different this year tic-tac?" Sam asks. "Oh," Scott replies, "forget it than, Stark will probably win again." Tony grins at that. "Finally," you state, "I also thought I could offer a prize best broadcaster of the week." That made the team perk up. "What exactly is the prize?" Pietro asks excitedly. "Well I always thought a nice gift card-" the team groans in disagreement. "-I can think of a much better prize for you lot that's for sure," you change, "Don't worry, you can rest assure it will be mind-blowing to say the least."

Stand by for Part 3.