The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants- Loki

This one is for the Loki fans. Thor brings Loki to the Avengers and the reader, despite what her fellow team-mates think and what her gut instincts are telling her, falls for the trickster. The reader also has ice powers similar to Loki's. One part of this may get steamy.

After being away for weeks, Thor finally returns to Earth. To everyone's dismay, however, he brought his brother Loki with him. "Fear not my friends," Thor assures his fellow team-mates, "My brother has agreed to join the Avengers in hopes of atoning for his past crimes. He will stay here until my father decrees that Loki may return to Asgard." Naturally the team was still wary, but nevertheless they reluctantly agreed to let Loki join the team.

Meanwhile you were standing around the corner of a wall watching Loki with anticipation, and a little fear. As the newest member of the Avengers team, you only heard the horror stories, about how Loki nearly destroyed the Earth with his alien army and how he had intended to rule the planet as its new king. He didn't look like a potential world-ruling tyrant, if anything he looked rather attractive in that deranged sort of way; than again looks can be deceiving. When he glances at where you were standing you immediately turn around and walk in the opposite direction. You quickly walk to your room and close the door in hopes of quieting your clamoring heart. What you were feeling right now you couldn't quite comprehend. True the Asgardian did scare you but something about that intense stare of his made you feel something else; you just couldn't quite put it into words.

Later that day you decide to go to the training room. You had the ability to create and manipulate ice, but since no one else on the team had powers like yours, you mostly had to play it by ear when it came to mastering and controlling them. As of now you were trying to get the hang of a little technique that involved creating ice darts and throwing them at the targets. Although you got the formation down, you still haven't been able to hit the targets, no matter how many darts you throw. After a few more tries, you groan in frustration, having given up. "You'll never be able to hit the targets with that attitude," you hear a voice behind. You jump back startled and turn around to see Loki was standing right behind you.

"How long have you been standing there?" you ask surprised. "Long enough," he says with a chuckle, "I see you have the ability to manipulate ice just like me." "Well, I can but I have a hard time learning to control it at times," you admit which took you by surprise. When you first joined the Avengers you never admitted that to anyone on the team until two months later; you barely just met Loki and it only took two minutes to make that confession. "I'd like to see what you're working on," he requests. You nod and form a couple more ice darts. You throw them at the targets again but you miss again. Loki just chuckles and uses his magic to form a couple ice darts of his own than throws them at the target, a direct hit. "The trick is all in the wrist," he guides you in the steps. You form the darts once again and throw them at the target, this time you were able to make a direct hit. You shout in triumph and Loki smiles at you with pride. You then had an idea, "Um, since we have similar powers, and you've mastered them longer than I have obviously maybe you could teach me some more of your tricks?" you say shyly. Loki just smiles, "It would be my genuine pleasure."

During the next two months, Loki took you under his wing, teaching you every trick he knew about ice and even showing you different ways to shape ice. It was also during that time, you were starting to better interpret the feelings you had when you first met him; as fate would have it he was beginning to develop feelings for you as well. Sometime around the second month, you were training with Loki again, he was teaching you how to use ice as a shield. "Remember what I taught you," he instructs as you take a stance, "Move your hands like I showed you." you do just the way he did and the ice became a shield. "Very good," he praises, "Time to put it to good use," he pulls out his dagger, "Think fast!' he shouts and throws it at you. You quickly place your shield in front of you and block the dagger. "Are you trying to kill me?" you asked shock. "Rest assured my dear if I wanted to kill you I would have done it a long time ago," he chuckles seeing the look on your face, "I was merely testing your reflexes." He waves his hand and the dagger disappears. "It was an illusion," you frown slightly, "you tricked me." "Why do you think they call me the trickster?" he teases.