Appearances Part 1

I just thought this up after re-watching Ouran High School Host Club on Netflix. Imagine the reader is a girl, but the team didn't notice at first because she doesn't exactly look like one. They call her he, and the reader just goes along with it like Haruhi does. Since the team doesn't initially think the reader is a woman, I'm going to give her a gender neutral name.

"Okay," you mutter to yourself walking around Manhattan till you found the tower with the big "A" plastered to it, "That has to be the tower I'm suppose to go to, there isn't any like it around here." You make your way the Avengers Tower and before you knew it, you were right at the entrance. "Hmmm, how do I get inside?" you wonder. You press a button, "Greetings," you hear a computerized, female voice coming from the outside speaker. "Uh hello," you call out, "I'm here to see Tony Stark and whoever else is in there. I filled out these papers for the Avengers recruitment."

"Who's out there?" you hear a male voice that you recognized to be Tony Stark. A camera looks down at you for inspection. You showed the camera your papers. "Oh, your that kid S.H.I.E.L.D. sent to be part of the team." You nod in response, "Come on in." The doors opened and you stepped inside.

When you first joined S.H.I.E.L.D, Fury had taken immediate notice of your exceptional skills with computers; especially since you had an enhancement that allowed you to access files and data from the computer directly to your mind. After undergoing a full assessment of your skills, Fury concluded that they would be better utilized working with the Avengers. Although before you left, you had your hair cut short.

You got on the elevator and made your way to the very top. "Hello," you call out once you step onto the floor. A few more steps in, and you were met by Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Ant-man, Falcon, War Machine, the Winter Soldier, and Quicksilver. "This is our new recruit?" Pietro frowns, "He doesn't look like much." "Looks can be deceiving," you answer, tugging the sleeves of your sweater. You'd have to admit, you didn't exactly dress to  impress, seeing how this was kinda last minute, and all you were able to find was an oversize sweater, loose jeans, and worn-out boots. You were also wearing glasses since you left your contacts back home and your shorten hair was a little less then unkempt.

"I thought there would be more of you guys," you admit. "Where are Hawkeye, Black Widow, and everyone else?" "Well as you'll learn, sometimes we have to go on separate mission," Sam explains, "Sometimes you'll be doing solo missions or other times you'll go with one or two of us. We usually go as the whole team for the really big missions." "I suppose that would make sense," you reply.

You hand Tony the paper you filled out, "So, Alex (y/l/n), huh?" he asks. You nod your head in response, "According to Nick Fury, you're very good with computers, right?" "Well, I guess so," you tell them, "Up until now no one else in S.H.I.E.L.D. had a talent like mine, Fury's words not mine." "He's talented and humble, just like Stark here," Scoot nudges Tony's side, earning a glare from the billionaire. "Why don't you show us this talent of yours?" Steve suggests. "Okay," you reply, "but we're gonna need a computer first."

The team led you to the monitoring room, and you put your skills to work. You place your hands on the keyboard and instantly you could see different parts of the tower, wherever there was a camera placed. "As you can see," you explain to the team, "I can connect my brain to computers. I can see everything they see. Data, footage, you name it. I can also in a way download and store data in my mind and even transfer said data to other computers."

"That's pretty amazing," Rhodey says impressed, "a power like that can be useful for espionage." "There is something else I can do," you admit, "For a short while I can siphon power from tech and create a current of electricity." To demonstrate, you drain some power from the keyboard and form a spark from your fingertip, which you direct to Thor's hammer. Thor chuckles at this jolt of energy now circulating Mjonir, "Very impressive," the Asgardian admits. "So am I in?" you ask somewhat nervously. "Give us a minute to talk it over," Tony says as they leave you behind to discuss the decision.

"So, we gonna let this kid join the team?" Sam asks with anticipation. "Someone like him could do this team good," Sam replies. "He could easily watch our back during infiltration," Bucky adds in, "and he could easily extract information faster then any of us could hope for." "How do we know he's not going to be spying on us for Fury though?" Tony points out. "It is a risk we would have to take," Steve admits, "But I think he could make major contributions to the team." "We should take him out for a test drive," Rhodey suggests, "See how he does before we make any hasty decisions."

The team agreed and brought you back. "We talked it over, Alex," Tony tells you, "And we think we may want to see you in action before we let you officially join." "Okay, sounds fair," you nod in agreement, "What do I have to do?" "Well," Steve tosses you a file to go over, "this the next mission we were assigned. It involves infiltration and extraction of some vital information from this business tycoon who may be in league with HYDRA. You'll be accompanying Bucky here along with Clint and Natasha, when they get back from their mission about 30 minutes from now, and go undercover at this charity event the man is hosting. Think you can handle something like that?" "Never had to do something like that back at S.H.I.E.L.D that much I'll admit," you answer, "But I'm always up for a challenge. It's why I wanted to join the Avengers in the first place." "At least the kid has spirit," Sam nudges.

While waiting for Clint and Natasha to get back, the Sam and Scott got lead you to the dressing room and handed you an tuxedo to put on. "This is what you'll be wearing for the mission since you'll be going undercover," Sam explains. You take it, then push Sam and Scott out of the room so you can change in private. "What was that for, we were all guys here," Scott wonders out loud. "Never took Alex for the shy type," Sam agrees. Once you finished, you stepped out of the room, "It's a surprising fit," you admit, "you sure it's okay for me to wear this though?" "It's perfect," Sam compliments, "You could easily have the ladies drooling over you the moment they see you stepping into the party." You frown a little at this statement, but merely shrug it off; after all, those type of comments never really bothered you. "If you say so," you said flatly. "You think it's possible he's not into girls?" Sam whispers to Scott as you leave.

The three of you head for the main hangar in time for the quinjet to arrive. Out stepped Clint and Natasha. "We're back," Clint announced, "and ready for the next assignment." "Good," Steve calls out as he and Bucky, also dressed in a tux, meet the two agents, "Bucky will be joining you two for the next one, as will our new recruit." You wave hello to Nat and Clint.

Nat raised an eyebrow slightly when she first saw you. She didn't have time to ask questions as she and Clint also had to dress for the undercover mission. "Why is the new recruit dressed in a tux?" she asks Clint as they leave the hangar, "They do know that's a woman there right?" "Maybe she likes to cross dress?" Clint shrugs, "Everybody needs a hobby."

"You do look rather dashing, Alex," Bucky flashes a smile at you, "Just one thing though." He goes to take off your glasses. "Hey, don't, I need those to see," you protest. He doesn't listen and takes them off. "Wow," he says in amazement once the glasses come off. "He looked good before, but now he looks downright adorable," Sam comments. "I still can't see," you deadpan. "I can fix that," Tony walk in and hands you a pair of experimental contacts. "Something I've been working on to correct eye vision the moment you put them on," he explains, "Unlike regular contacts, they automatically correct any kind of vision, no trips to the eye doctor required. While we're testing you, maybe you'll test these for me." "I guess I'll give these universal contacts a shot," you say, "Thanks."