My Flerken from Hell- Carol Danvers

I was thinking about doing another Carol one-shot that centers around the flerken/cat. The reader is a dog person and doesn't exactly care much for Goose and the feeling is mutual. So Carol tries to find a way to make the two get along.

It was another day out in space..or evening, it's hard to tell sometimes when you can see both the sun and the moon at the same time on a regular basis. You had just finished breakfast on the space station and was about to change your shoes. When you picked them up however, you noticed your shoes were scratched inside and out, almost like they were used as a scratching post.
It didn't take long for you to figure out who did this.

"Goose," you grumble. Right on cue you see the flerken/cat walking about the station, acting like he owned the place. You give Goose the dirtiest look you could and growl, while he merely gives a simple stare in response, "I know you did this, Goose," you accuse, holding your ruined shoes in front of the alien feline, "Don't even bother to give any innocent looks, you're the only one with claws on this station. What do you have to say for yourself?" Goose merely starts licking himself for another response, then ends up coughing up a hairball. You look at it in disgust, "how dignifying," you deadpan, "you never see that sort of thing in dogs at least." Goose hisses at that. "Well that's the truth of it," you exclaim, "you can't accept the truth, I say tough hairballs then. Now I better find someone to repair these shoes...AGAIN."

Just as you turn to leave, Goose runs up to you and scratches your leg. "Ow!" you yelp, buckling down a little in pain. In anger you give chase as Goose runs off.

After the Thanos incident, with a little convincing from Captain Marvel (and a good chunk of the S.H.I.E.L.D. budget), the space station was set up to orbit the Earth to alert any incoming potential worldly threats; you were one of the select few assigned to the station under the command of Captain Carol Danvers. It wasn't so bad; living in a space station gives one an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime view of Earth. It would just be a little more pleasant if you didn't have a certain alien feline species to put up with. While Goose had his charm both as a cat and a unique extra-terrestrial species, you were never a big cat fan to begin with. Goose seemed to sense this, and take it as a big insult. It led to some rather unpleasant encounters with the flerken from running up to scratch your leg, to marking your bedposts, and just plain scratching and chewing your stuff. To make matters worse, it wasn't exactly encouraging that Carol wasn't much help when it came to your conflicts with Goose; though she'll stroked and scratch him behind the ears, you felt that sort of gesture may actually be encouraging Goose to carry on with his bad behavior towards you, unintentional as it is. Carol actually didn't quite know the extent of how bad this feud between the two of you was; she was under the impression it was just little skirmishes here and there, but boy was she wrong. Goose may be the flerken from hell with it comes to you, but with Carol he'd act as if he actually came from cat heaven (that's assuming that cats have heaven like dogs do).

The pursuit continues down the halls of the station until the pesky flerken runs into and Carol and gets behind her. "Ah, hey, Goose," Carol smiles, picking the feline up, "Little early to be causing trouble isn't it?"

You catch up, huffing and puffing, still giving Goose some dirty looks while you were catching your breath. "What's he done this time?" Carol asks, knowing full well this rivalry between you and the space station's mascot was nothing new. "Look what he did to my shoes!" you exasperate, holding up your pair of destroyed shoes. "Ahh, again?" Carol says, "Goose, you couldn't have done something a little more original this time?" "Hey, what the hell are you doing encouraging her for?" you gawk, "I was assigned to this space station for another three months before I head back to Earth, I'd like to see them through without waking up to torn shoes, hairballs by my pillow, or droppings OUTSIDE the litter box. Believe me I think this cat is actually a mountain lion the stuff he leaves behind." "Well Goose is technically a flerken," Carol points out, scratching Goose behind the ears, "And I have to admit, I've never seen him act this way with anybody else. I'm starting to think he just doesn't like you." "Well that's fine with me, because I don't like him either," you sass, "I prefer dogs to cats, thank you very much." Goosed hissed again. "Uh, (y/n)," Carol speaks up, "You do remember back in orientation that we don't mention the d-word around Goose." "I don't care!" you exclaim, "the damn cat can swallow himself for all I care. Dog! Dog! Dog! Grrrrr...."