Give Me a Chance- Clint Barton

This was requested by Lucky-Lilly who wanted a Clint one-shot where Clint rescued the reader during a solo mission. I also added my own twist since the reader has powers like everyone else on the team, she's convinced people like Clint on the team aren't all that special since they don't have any powers or fancy tech.

The reader is also code named Red Ice as she has ice powers that give off a red hue to the ice.

Some fluff. Enjoy.

"I'm fine, I don't really need anyone else to go on this mission with me," you insist as you gear up for the mission ahead. "I highly doubt that," Clint insists back, "Look, Red, I know you've done these kinds of missions before, but this mission as I recall from the debriefing is particularly tough, and DEFINETLY requires more than one person to get it done." "Okay, and who are my options for backup at the moment?" you cross your arms. "Okay, let's see," Clint pretends to think, "Ironsides and Cap are already on a mission, and so is Nat. Bruce is MIA, Thor is off world, Falcon and the guy with the metal arm are doing their own thing, and His Wakandan Majesty has an entire country to run at the moment...oh and the kid in the spider suit is in school. So...I guess that would leave me." 
"Which is precisely why I can do this on my own," you say with confidence, though Clint was more convinced it was out of arrogance. The archer had his suspicions, but this statement confirmed what he thought you thought about him.

"Oh, okay," he crosses his arms, "I get it. I see exactly how it is." "What are you talking about?" you frown a little. "I always had a feeling that since you joined the team, you never really liked me all that much," Clint explains in a low tone, "but now at this moment in time, you've made it painstakingly clear exactly what you think about me." "Okay, it's not that I don't like you," you get defensive, "it's just...out of everybody else on the team, you're just...you're kind of..." "Go ahead, say it," Clint challenges. "You're ordinary," you finally say it, "There I did say it." "Wow," Clint says with sarcasm, "so just because I don't have any powers or fancy tech, you think I'm not even capable of fighting by your side." "It's not like that," you tell him, "it's just...when I'm out there fighting on these kinds of mission, I'd prefer to have someone I can rely on instead of a liability if I get into trouble." "Oh, so now I'm a liability?" "I didn't mean it like that-" "Then how did you mean it?" "It's just...I just...I don't need your kind of help, Hawkeye. I don't need help from the token non-powered person on the team, thank you very much." "Alright then, fine," Clint scoffs, "you know what, go out there and complete that mission with or without me. But if you do get into trouble, and nobodies around to help you out, just remember that the token team liability could've been there to save your sorry ass if you gave him the chance."

You cross your arms and storm off into the quinjet. Since you were a young adult, seeing the Avengers on the TV since that day in New York, it really changed your life. Seeing Iron Man and Captain America and Thor on the tv with their powered suits, super strength, and all that other good stuff was unlike anything you'd ever seen before on the news (honestly if there showed more of that stuff on any of the news channels you'd watch the news more often). You didn't really pay attention to Hawkeye or Black Widow though when they made appearances; well you did like Natasha since she was the only female representation at the time of the Avenger's debut, but with women like you and Wanda on the team, you were becoming an inspiration for girls with special powers like yours. 
With people like you on the team now, you weren't completely sure what people like Clint were still doing on the team. Really with no powers or magic or fancy tech or super solider serum, they just seemed nothing more than tokens; regular people with a bow and arrow and spy experience who were put with the Avengers just to show that was all you really needed to be a superhero. Visually you found it to be somewhat of a liability; if people out there did indeed believe all you needed was a bow and arrow or a gun or even something as simple as knife to be a hero, whose to stop them from exacting world-saving justice on their own and getting killed on the process?  Sure Clint has made it this far, but you felt that was only because the rest of you guys were to complete the mission before the whole thing could escalate any further.