High School Reunion- T'challa

I know, I know, I'm way overdue for a T'challa one-shot, but I've been having a hard time coming up with some ideas, and this one just popped up right outta the blue. The title is fairly self-explanatory so enjoy.

Y/B/N: Your former bully's name.

"(Y/N)!" you hear your husband of three years call for you. "You whispered?" you humorously reply stepping into the dinning room with a two year old child in your arms and ready for dinner. "You have mail all the way from America," T'challa explains, handing you the letter while you hand him your son. 

You open the letter and skim through its contents, "It's an invitation," you tell T'challa, who was busy making faces to entertain his son, "To a reunion at my old high school." "A reunion?" T'challa perks up, "That sounds exciting." "It has been awhile since I've seen any of these people," you admit, "I do wonder how their lives have turned out."

"Does this mean you'll be attending?" T'challa presses. You hesitate a little before answering, "I don't know," you admit. "Surely you would want to attend," your husband insists, "You must have been one of the popular girls." "Well...not exactly," you admit., "I was a nerd back in high school."

In all honesty, your four years in high school were not your best; if anything, they were some of your worst. You joined plenty of clubs during that time: band, honor society, robotics, chess club. Those were the type of clubs that were a sure guarantee for the bullies to show up, pick on you, yank your hair, and anything else they could think up to torture you; especially thought up by their ring leader (y/b/n). That (y/b/n) she was the worst. No matter what you did to avoid her, she'd always find someway to track you down and belittle you.

You had put all that torture in the past when you started college, and later when you joined the CIA. Those years, unfortunately, did have a major impact on your self-esteem, which made it difficult for you to put yourself out there for relationships. That all went away though the day you met the Black Panther and King of Wakanda. Before meeting T'challa you never thought you would marry and start a family, but here you were five years later, with a king as your husband and raising a child together.

In the present, you regaled T'challa with some of the horror stories from your high school past from the bullying and mocking. "Which is why I'm a little hesitant to relive that old life," you finally finish.

"I'm sorry, my dear, I never knew," T'challa placed his free hand on your shoulder for comfort. "It's okay, it's not exactly something I've shared with anyone," you tell him, "In fact, you're really the first person I've told in years." "Be that as it may, I think you should still go to this reunion," T'challa insists. "Why's that," you raise an eyebrow, taking notice of the slight mischievous grin on his face, that suggested he had a brilliant idea in mind.  "Well, those children who tortured you back in high school probably never imagined where you would be now all those years ago," T'challa smirks, "A happily married queen with a charming husband and loving child." You roll your slightly and giggle a little. "Well, I don't imagine anyone else in my graduating class could proudly say they're literally royalty," you smirk back, "I would be lying if I say it wouldn't be highly gratifying to show up with the studly handsome King of Wakanda on my arm, and tell everyone there I'm his queen."

"So what do you say?" T'challa asks hopeful. "Alright, sweetie, you win," you concede, "We'll go to the reunion."

------Time Skip-------

With the high school reunion around the corner, you and T'challa prepare for your overseas flight. Even though it was only for a couple days, you were somewhat reluctant to leave your son behind; regardless, you at least had the trusted nanny to look after him while the two of you were gone.