The 37. Disastrous Day

Soon, time passed by and the highly anticipated UA Sports Festival finally came.

"Sure enough, wearing my own hero costume would be way better..."

In the backstage lounge, the students of Class 1-A changed into the dark blue sportswear uniformly prepared by the school and are waiting for admission.

"There is no way to ribbit, it's very unfair to the students in the general department!" Tsuyu Asui comforted the somewhat depressed Mina Ashido.

"But ... it's rare to be able to be on TV ..." Mina Ashido ruffled the fabric on with a bitter face.

[Relax, Ashido-san, your skin color is already conspicuous enough.]

Saiki put his hands on his chin with his hands crossed, his expression serious.

Originally, he was thinking that after the principal returned, he would ask him to "discuss" about his participation in the sports festival again.

But he never imagined that the bastard mouse went straight to the third grade venue and was sitting in front of hundreds of cameras drinking tea leisurely.

[I miscalculated ... now I can only participate first.]

When the class was about go up and you suddenly withdraw from the game, it will only cause unnecessary attention. In that case, it is not as good as normal competition and then naturally losing.

As for how to make yourself eliminated without doubting others ... this is probably the most familiar thing for Saiki.

[Preliminarily estimating that everyone in the class will not be eliminated at the first round, then when it's the second round ...]

"... Hey, we're about to go up, don't quarrel ..."

When Saiki thought about things, there seemed to be a dispute on the other side of the room.

"... I don't want to get to the bottom of it," Surprisingly, what caused the incident turned out to be the usually quiet Todoroki, "But there is one thing I have wondered about for a long time ..."

Midoriya clenched his fists, feeling nervous.

"... Why does someone like you who seems so weak, receive the attention of someone like All Might and Saiki?"

Todoroki calmly asked, like he was just describing something, but this only made Midoriy feel even more nervous.

And beside them, Bakugou who wasn't really interested moved, showing half of his face, his eyes stayed on Todoroki with no expression.

"Maybe you do have some potential ... but this time, I will definitely win."

Noticing the movement on the other side, Saiki was now numb to matters being able to include him whithout him ever doing anything, now he always feels that he has another superpower called ubiquitous presence.

"... Although I may be very weak now and can't compare with Saiki-san or All Might ..." Taking a deep breath, Midoriya said this.

"--But, for this sports festival, I will go all out!" His voice was so firm that one couldn't hear any hesitation.

"... okay." Todoroki said lightly and turned to leave.

[Wait, shouldn't there be more than just a single 'okay' here? ]

Saiki thought this calmly, he really couldn't understand what they are thinking.

"--Everyone, get ready we're leaving soon!"

The teacher's notice finally came and the tense atmosphere in the room was also broken. Everyone tacitly forgot what had just happened, walked out of the room one after another and queued at the entrance.