The 41. Disastrous Day

Shinso was on his back on the hard concrete floor.

... just now, what happened?

Saiki pulled out his feet and glanced at the two teammates with twisted postures in disgust.

Because of the urgent situation before, Aoyama broke through his own limit. The moment he had to lower himself to a 90 degrees angle just to allow the laser light to get away from the explosive approach of Bakugou in the air.

Now he still maintained the same uncomfortable posture, with his legs closed together, his whole boy trembling and his tippy toes supporting the weight of the entire body, his body still bent into an weird arc, him trembilng and bent over like that made others thibk he would break down in the next second.

"Sa-sa-saiki-san !!!"

Maintaining his current posture with difficulty, Aoyama spoke up painfully.

'... relax, lie down. '

Aoyama : !!

Hearing Saiki's words, Aoyama instantly relaxed his body and his body then sturdyly fell... on the Shinso who was still on the floor

Shinso: ... 

"Get off, you're so heavy!"

He sat up with a dark face and pushed away Aoyama.

The round was over, some teams were triumphant while others were depressed or angry.

"Damn it! I almost got them--"

Bakugou sat on the ground cross-legged and grabbed his hair. He attacked Shinso's team at the last second and was avoided when he was about to succeed, so now he was extremely annoyed.

[This guy really is like a child. ]

In Saiki's opinion, Bakugou's anger is no different than that of General when she can't eat her fish. It's the same as her unwillingly meowing and scratching the wall.

Bakugou didn't know that he had been compared to a cat and was now furiously trying to glare a hole into the concrete floor.

After a while, the big screen listed the scores of the various groups.

Todoroki's group was first place with more than 10 Million points. Second place is Bakugou's group that grabbed all the scores of Monoma's team without any mercy before the end of the game. Third place is Saiki's group that has been very stable throughout the entire round. Then there is Midoriya's group who lost their 10 Million, but still barely advanced.

[Wait, wouldn't that mean that none of the students of Class 1-B advanced? ]

He glanced at Monoma who had a dark aura around him, Saiki felt little guilty. If it wasn't for him bringing his personal emotions in like that, their fight against Bakugou might have ended differently.

[... Well, I should have the opportunity to compensate in the future. ]

Quietly looking away, Saiki pushed up his glasses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"... you, have you heard of quirk marriages?"

In the empty passage, there was a voice of someone speaking from afar, which was not clear, but it was familiar.

[... Is this a new way of greeting someone? ]

Saiki continued to head forward, as if he didn't hear anything, he did not really want to listen to other people's private conversations, even though he knew both of them.

But after turning a corner, someone blocked his way.

'I didn't expect you to have this kind of hobby, Bakugou. '

Saiki looked up at the gloomy tyrant with his back against the wall.

"... !!!"

Bakugou was focusing on the conversation between the two not far away, so he didn't even notice anyone approaching. At the moment, he was frightened by the sudden sound and almost turned back to be an explosion.

"... Why the hell are you here ?!" asked Bakugou whispered, frowning.

[I could ask you the same]

'I'm going to the restroom.' Saiki briefly answered.

The voice of Midoriya around the corner suddenly became louder, like he was heading to their direction.

Probably feeling guilty for eavesdropping, Bakugou reflexively pulled Saiki close to the wall, his right hand covering his mouth.

Saiki: ...

"Hush, don't talk." Lowering his voice, Bakugou whispered in Saiki's ear.

[Why do you seem quite skilled with this kind of thing. ]

——I wonder how many times you've eavesdropped like this.

On the other side of the passage, it seemed that Todoroki and Midoriya were still arguing. Saiki's back was against Bakugou's chest, he could almost feel the other's heartbeat.

'... but I don't need to open my mouth to speak. '

Finally, Saiki couldn't help but lean over his head, the lower half of his face was tightly covered by Bakugou's hand, his calm voice sounded in Bakugou's head without any hindrance.

Bakugou: "..."

"... Of course I know that, I did that just to remind you !!" Bakugou quickly withdrew his hand and gave Saiki a glare.

Saiki: ...

'So the two of them are already gone, do you still want to hide here? '

Raising his finger to point at the corner that was already empty, Todoroki and Midoriya who were still there just now were gone.

Bakugou: "Who was hiding?!!! I just passed by !!!"

[......Yeah, sure. ]

Nodding perfunctoryly, Saiki turned to continue to the restroom.

"Hey, wait!" Bakugou reached out and tried to grab him.

'Is there anything else?' Glancing at his hand that was grabbed, he asked him bluntly.

"... You will take the afternoon match seriously, right?" The outstretched hand was avoided, and the lips were slammed, and the red eyes were fixed on the person in front of him.

[This afternoon is when I will get myself eliminated. ]

Of course, this is impossible to say to Bakugou, so Saiki nodded solemnly, 'Of course. '

Bakugou: ... I somehow feel like I'm being fooled.

Saiki: You're hallucinating.

Putting his hands in his pockets, Bakugou stared straight at him: "If you don't make it to the finals in the afternoon, I will kill you!"

It seems that Bakugou knows Saiki's nature quite well.

Saiki: ...

Saiki did not answer and immediately teleported away from Bakugou's eyes.

Bakugou: ...

Bakugou: Fuck that guy's definitely not planning on going to the finals!!