The 91. Disastrous Day

In the dark night, the mesmerizing scarlet eyes of the Bakugou glowed, bright and eye-catching.

The expression on his face was unclear, but it wasn't a happy one.

Saiki froze for a moment, thinking that his cautious walk all the way over here was seen, and got somewhat embarrassed.

[So why are you still awake so late, Bakugou?]

The room wasn't really quiet, the mumbled sleeptalking and the weird thoughts could be heard clearly, but when he saw the other person's searing eyes, he suddenly felt that everything had become very quiet.

"......Where have you been?"

The teenager spoke, with a husky voice after he had not spoken for a long time.

[I went to a place 800 meters away and had a friendly exchange with a group of villains. It was because of an egg that I was almost found by them. How am I supposed to tell you this kind of thing?]

If he just told him, it is estimated that it won't take long or even won't take until the next morning, till Mr. Aizawa and the principal find out about it and then there would be a long lecture about the trust, relationship and responsibilities of students and teachers. The main message would be "when meeting a villain, you must first notify the teacher and not to think about solving it yourself.".

[...But a random reason wouldn't be accepted by Bakugou.]

He thought about it for a while and finally calmly said: 'I suddenly remembered that the cactus in my house had not been watered, so I went back.'

As soon as he said this, he realized that something was wrong.

Bakugou: "..."

A cactus will not die even if it was not watered for a week, let alone after just after two days.

Saiki who couldn't think of a plant name in his mind, so he said a random one: "..."

[Can I still change my words?]

——It would've been more believable to say that his father asked him to go home and help build a secret base in the backyard.

'... Actually it was supposed to be watered half a month ago and I have forgotten it all of a sudden, I just remembered it suddenly.'

As if a bit intimidated by the other person's eyes that seemed to be looking at an idiot, Saiki was silent for a while and slowly added another sentence.

Raising a corner of his mouth, Bakugou sneered: "That must've been close."

Saiki: "..."

[Don't be like this, it's not like you at all.]

Under the moonlight, the boy was lying on his side, half of his face was hidden in the shadows, and the milky-gold hair looked frizzy, with a little softness.

Bakugou lowered his gaze and whispered: "...You don't need to hide from me."

Saiki froze.

Without the aggressiveness and arrogance of the day, the appearance of the teenager silently shrinking in the bedding actually made Saiki a little unaccustomed.

Saiki stayed calm: 'I didn't hide from you.'

With a slight snort, Bakugou raised his gaze again: "Didn't you always do that?"

"As soon as I encounter something that I didn't expect... you immediately retract into your hiding spot like a loach, not even giving me a chance to catch you."