The 68. Disastrous Day

It sounded like something sharp was scratching the door.

Saiki couldn't help but look up.

The scratching went on for a while, then stopped, shortly after a soft whimper of an animal followed.

[Yare yare, where did this poor stray dog come from?]

He had no special opinion of animals because all the innocent and cute animals' true natures will easily be revealed to him.

For example, a dog with a passionate wagging tail may be thinking about where the most delicious spot of your body would be to bite into. The little rabbits in the cage that flood all harmless and innocent might be full of dirty thoughts and the strong manly black cats might actually be a girl...

In short, he couldn't find even a bit of cuteness in these kinds of species that may have a great contrast inside and outside.

But the dog outside was way too persistent, its claws scratching against the wooden door while whining.

Saiki could only close the book to open the door.

It was a large dog.

Saiki couldn't tell what breed, it looked like a dog but it also looked like a wolf.

It didn't have a collar, so it didn't look like it had an owner, but it also didn't look like a messy stray dog either.

It was actually very beautiful.

The fur was shiny and smooth, around the neck it was fluffy and exploded in all directions, it looked very good.

Its overall color was a milky gold that resembled the sun, bloody red eyes, sharp teeth and it looks a bit majestic.

But now his two big ears were softly laying on his head, his eyes watery and as if he wanted to talk the corner of his mouth was curled up as he barked making him look a little silly.

Seeing Saiki, the big dog stood up in excitement and the fluffy tail was wagging quite aggressively.

Saiki seemed to have realized something.

He looked at the big dog that suddenly appeared and found that he couldn't hear it.

[Can I even not hear the voices of certain animals?]

—Hey, God?

——Did my telepathy expire or something?

"Woof!"

Seeing Saiki's distraction, the big dog hurriedly circled around his feet and even stretched out his claws to grab onto his trouser, trying to attract his attention.

[Is there something you want to say?]

Saiki obediently followed the big dog to the room next door.

The room was empty.

Saiki looked at the empty bed where his childhood friend was supposed to be lying on and then looked at this dog that was eagerly looking at him.

—Pfft, he looks like he is about to shake off his tail.

Saiki squatted down slowly, the large dog's pointed ears unconsciously shrank back, making him look even more stupid.

Saiki: 'Sit.'

The big dog immediately sat down, with its two paws in front of it and his tail was still shaking and sweeping the floor.

Saiki: 'Give paw. '

He obediently put his right paw on the teenager's hand and the dog tilted his head slightly.

His paw felt really soft, causing Saiki to squeeze it unconsciously.