The 45. Disastrous Day

"Saiki-san I really hope you can make it to the finals! A good person like you will definitely become an amazing hero!" , Taketa Nissho had called Saiki again which is why he was currently in the corridores instead of his seat.

[Then I'll have to dissapoint you, since I am planning to get eliminated as soon as possible.]

'So why exactly are you calling me again? We already decided to meet afterwards didn't we?' Saiki still waited for him to tell the purpose of his call.

"Ah, right! Your mother told me that you really enjoyed my handmade coffee jelly, so I decided to bring you some for my next visit!"

[Since when was my mother such an angel, how unusal... Should I feel worried?]

"I also told her about my plans, but she told me not to bring any if she thinks that you didn't do your best at the sports festival... She said that only hard-working children deserve a prize like that... But I believe that Saiki-san will do his best and win, so there is no need to worry!"

Saiki: ...

[Sure enough, mother isn't an angel at all.]

[Is there any logic in her words?! The reason is way too far-fetched!]

But remembering the delicious coffee jelly that was even comparable with the one of Sweet Dessert, his mouth began to water.

[Really what was mother thinking, am I someone who can be bought with some coffe jelly?]

'You're right I'll do my best.'

[Yes, I am.]

As Saiki was walking towards his seat, after leaving for a second, a leg appeared and blocked his way.

Saiki: Are you implying that you don't need your leg anymore, Bakugou?

Lifting his gaze, he saw the familiar blonde hair of Bakugou who was leaning on the back of the chair, looking at him: "Hey, where were you?"

[Don't tell me you withdrew already?!]

Saiki endured the desire to step on his foot, lifted the long leg of Bakugou and sat down on the empty seat: 'No and as you wished I now can't withdraw anymore. '

Bakugou turned his head, keenly aware that what he said was "can't" instead of "won't".

"What happened?"

Saiki didn't plan to tell Bakugou that he was bought by some coffee jelly.

'I just agreed to a troublesome request. '

Bakugou slightly pouted unhappily: "Was it that friend of yours again?"

[Who the hell is that person, making you listen to them so obediently...]

Saiki: I'm not being obedient.

Saiki: It's just a temporary compromise to have a better life in the future.

[And Bakugou, you seem to hate 'that friend'. ]

Saiki sat on his seat and watched the battle, pretending not to hear Bakugou complaining, but soon, he was intrigued by the fierce battle between Midoriya and Todoroki.

[Way too reckless.]

Faced with the raging ice, Midoriya did not choose to retreat, but used his quirk at the cost of breaking his fingers to smash the ice again and again. If one hand wasn't enough, then he used his other and if breaking his fingers once wasn't enough, he would use the same ones twice.

[This is simply not taking your body into consideration.]

Saiki pursed his lips and was a little troubled by the act of his childhood friend, which didn't hurt the enemy but damaged himself instead.