Chapter 035 - 036

Chapter 035: Building Bridges

After hearing the butler's voice, Wei Chen responded softly and planned to get up from the bed. As soon as Wei Chen made a move, Chen Li woke up. He opened his big eyes and looked at Wei Chen. He didn't feel confused as he had just woken up. He didn't know whether he woke up now or had woken up long ago. , just because he was greedy for the warmth brought by Wei Chen, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

"Would you like to sleep for a while?" Wei Chen had already stood up and looked down at Chen Li. The morning sunlight poured in from the window and illuminated Wei Chen's face. Although his face was expressionless, his eyes were full of tenderness.

Chen Li sat up from the bed, his hair raised a few times. He glanced at Wei Chen, turned around, and put his feet on the edge of the bed.

Wei Chen saw Chen Li's intention and rubbed Chen Li's hair. The hair, which was messy when he woke up, was like a bird's nest when Wei Chen rubbed it. Chen Li didn't even reach out to straighten it, just looked at it. Wei Chen.

Wei Chen knelt down and put on the slippers for Chen Li, and then led Chen Li into the bathroom. He watched Chen Li wash up as if taking care of a child, taking care of everything. Although the things were trivial, Wei Chen enjoyed it.

Afterwards, Wei Chen placed the painting tools for Chen Li, rubbed Chen Li's combed hair again, and said, "You paint first. Grandpa is looking for me. I'll go over first. We'll have breakfast together later."

Naturally, Chen Li still didn't respond and tugged at the corner of Wei Chen's clothes. Just like before, Wei Chen instantly understood what Chen Li meant and said: "I will come back as soon as possible."

After receiving Wei Chen's promise, Chen Li grabbed a pencil and began to draw on the sketch paper. Wei Chen saw that Chen Li was already immersed in After he succeeded in painting, he got up and left the room, heading towards Mr. Wei's calligraphy.

Mr. Wei was already waiting for Wei Chen in the study. When he heard Wei Chen come in, he didn't raise his head to look at Wei Chen. He was still thinking about his calligraphy.

"Grandpa." Wei Chen stood in front of the old man and said.

Only then did Mr. Wei put down the brush in his hand, straightened up, looked at Wei Chen, and said straight to the point: "When will we leave for the imperial capital?" There was not much emotion in his voice, it was just clear and light, making it difficult to figure out the deep meaning. .

"The day after tomorrow." Wei Chen replied, with no expression on his face, both his eyes and tone were cold.

The old man stopped talking, picked up the brush again and began to swipe it on the rice paper, as if to dry Wei Chen.

In the past, Wei Chen would wait for the old man to express what he wanted to say before leaving, but now he felt a little anxious, because he knew that Chen Li was still waiting for him, so he said, "Grandpa, if there is nothing else, I will go back first." "Stand still.

" ." Mr. Wei's face sank, and he scolded: "Why are you so impatient?"

Wei Chen remained silent, his face cold.

"Are you blaming me again for agreeing to your marriage to Chen Li?" Mr. Wei asked.

"No, I also want to thank grandpa for letting me marry Li Li." When he mentioned Chen Li, the coldness in Wei Chen's eyes softened. Although his expression was still paralyzed, the look in his eyes could not deceive anyone.

"As long as you're satisfied." The old man said with a faint smile. After speaking, he took out a business card from the drawer of the table and handed it to Wei Chen, "Do you still remember your Grandpa Xu? This is your Grandpa Xu's granddaughter. She is studying psychology abroad. I just returned to China last month and am now working as a psychiatrist at Ci'en Hospital."